Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

PVC pipe question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Madnness, Feb 11, 2009.

1. #1 Madnness, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    I know its REALLY extremely bad for you if you get a wiff of the chemicals it can put off...thats why i would like to know...

Say I have this bong...and everything is made out of plastic EXCEPT for the shaft(thing you suck out of) which is PVC and I wanted to know could the smoke melt the pvc to where it would put off the chemicals? Cuz I would think it would be fine as long as it did not touch or be near the bowl/lighter...

PS it really is ONLY the shaft...even where the slider is held its just regular plastic, same as where the water is held just regular plastic.

Thx for help

2. I'm not quite sure about this but my friends said that they used a pole of a small goal, like one of those little plastic soccer or hockey goals some kids have, and they were fine. I don't know exactly what type of plastic it was, but I have always heard that PVC is bad.

3. Get a piece of brass piping for your bowl. Clean all the PVC thoroughly before use and you're good to go!

4. #4 dlmebag, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    The area of the bong that heats up the most is near the water chamber.

If you notice in glass bongs, the resin tends to build up near the water level. This is because the steaming hot smoke passes by the glass and the resin sticks to the side.

You'd be better off having the PVC closer to your mouth, where the smoke gets cooler.

edit: You should be fine. PVC burns/melts at high temperatures, too high to be burned by smoke.
    But I would still be careful, I'm not sure how dangerous it is.

5. Alright thanks for the help...I just cut off the mouthpiece to a water bottle and used that.