PVC Extration Tube

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ChaseFalco, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Saw a Video on how to make a BHO Extraction tube out of PVC. Some concerns with the butane and plastic but it says that there safe as long as its not extended use. Anyone ever try anything like this? Is the PVC safe with the compressed butane?

2. use glass or stainless steel, not pvc

3. [quote name='"koven"']use glass or stainless steel, not pvc[/quote]

I know what your supposed to use lol. This isn't my first run

4. I cant see any harm in using it. Its just gonna be a quick wash with butane, its not like its sitting in there for hours.

5. [quote name='"MIjbr90190"']I cant see any harm in using it. Its just gonna be a quick wash with butane, its not like its sitting in there for hours.[/quote]

The only worry I have is in the video it says they go bad after 5 uses. Why is bad on the 5th and not the 2nd or3rd is the mystery haha

6. no pvc is bad it releases like fumes i dont remmember what its called but pvc is bad for ur lungs even for one run butane breaks dont the pvc so where u think the broken down pvc goes in the oil go with glass or a pressure system that uses butane they rock if u got the money or know how

7. Read a crazy article that it was giving people dark spots on the inside of their throat. That sounds like no good to me

8. never, never use pvc, why would you,so much easier w glass,stainless,i would not do it

9. [quote name='"kindindy123"']
    never, never use pvc, why would you,so much easier w glass,stainless,i would not do it[/quote]

It was cheaper, I was on vacation without all my tools and honestly it worked great. Wouldn't recommend doing it often but as a last resort definitely better

10. Do you guys realize how much crap goes through pvc in houses and buildings? That stuff lasts decades. Id like see sources where butane breaks down pvc. Im sure muratic acid does too and ive put that down many a drain without it falling apart.

11. use pvc if ur a dumb ass or to poor to buy a tube pvc for dumb asses

12. [quote name='"homiegrow"']use pvc if ur a dumb ass or to poor to buy a tube pvc for dumb asses[/quote]

I have a glass one. I was on vacation and it works great as a last resort. No hate in this thread man

13. well in that case it was good

14. were not on here to call names and be a douchbag (homiegrow)pvc is fine. it wont release anything harmful. just make sure your caps / filter are tight and you will be fine. just dont use it more than 3 or 4 times.and hey douchbag.... get off grasscity , you have the absolute wrong energy and we dont need you.!

15. The name calling was done 8 years ago. All hurt butts have healed by now.

16. LLLOOOOLLLL.. i didnt even notice that it was 8 years ago.. but still the guy was an ass

17. True. Funny though...

18. I started with pvc works well. But I would not use it long you never know what would be striped from pvc and I also noticed that the pvc was soft on the inside of the pvc just after opening. Now i use a nice rig with a stand and valves. Works so nice!!!!

19. #19 Canniest, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    In the late 90's, early 2000's we used PVC. 40mm x 800mm PVC tube with a screw on stopper/end cap. Stoppers drilled out to act as sieve filter, lined with coffee filter paper cut to fit 40mm the diameter inner of stopper. The butane receiving end had stoppers with pipe attachments, coupled to regulators and 48Kg Butane bottle. This rig saw KG or Cannabis and trim pass through. Never did I ever see the PVC break down or degrade. This is my personal experience, PVC was stable. If I was to do on scale again, I would go same route. We used to use the honey oil to mix with screened kief to make chocolate. Good little trick when making BHO is to capture in a bowl, which is placed in a bowl of boiling water. The volatile gasses dissipate much faster and as you work.