Putting together a 4x4 DWC

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Kaos1shot, Sep 26, 2019.

1. After chatting with some awesome people of the community I have decided to go with a 4x4 tent using 4x qb96 elite v2 engines for lighting. The hydroponic system will be a 35 gallon Under Current Solo Pro using scrog. I will be running a fresh air intake and an exhaust with carbon filter. I also plan to run CO2. I am wondering does anyone have recommendations on a humidifier/dehumidifier that would be adequate for the space? Do I need a small portable A/C? I'm also not sure if I need a chiller for a solo UC? I do live in a warm humid climate, but generally indoor temp A/C is around 69. I just want my lady to be as happy as I can make her, but if something isn't needed I don't mind saving a few dollars.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Heya buddy I wouldn't bother about the co2 tbh. That's advanced shit that will only benefit you if you run a closed circuit tent and keep your VPD on the upper limit. More likely to cause you problems than anything else. Zero use to use it in an intake/out take set up like you have planned.
    Save that cash and spend it on a decent pH meter and ppm meter. They'll save you a lot of dramas.
    I just googled that system too. I'd never pay that . You got too much money mate lol.

3. Hey, thanks for the information. It is a good bit, but I like the overall quality of the build. I don't have the tools, knowledge, and all to build my own. It's also less personal risk of doing something wrong and flooding the place. The lights I will learn to build, but don't want to push it lol. Makes since on the closed loop. I was originally going to run timers and have the exhaust and all, only kick on after every so often, but if it's just better to completely skip it. I certainly won't mind lol. I certainly don't have money like that . As for the PH/EC I agree. I planned to get a blue lab combo meter. It reads PH,PPM,EC, and reservoir temp. Which made me wonder about the chiller. No CO2 does save a good chunk. With what I plan to spend on start I can use that to invest else where. What do you think about the chiller and other environmental equipment like portable A/C, chiller, and all of that. Awesome points and thanks for the feedback. I'm certainly glad I decided to ask questions here. The community has already helped a ton.

4. #4 Kaos1shot, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Just a update. I decided not to run a A/C. Central air is always set to 69 and with a fan and the 6' intake/exhaust I figure temps won't be too bad and if it is I can look in to something then. I contacted Current Culture and they don't recommend a chiller for their single modules. So saving a nice chunk there. I plan to get a 30 pint dehumidifier and a 75 pint humidifier. Hopefully those are adequate for such a small space, with a 6' clip fan. Honestly think we got our list together. I may be missing a fitting or something small, but can get that all figured out when I order everything. I do appreciate everyone who through out some ideas and everything. Tons of help