Putting seeds in the ground? Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by crazycanadian, Sep 16, 2018.

1. So I live in a Midwestern state and this is my first summer here...what I can't believe is how much wild weed there is! It grows all over fields, the side of the road, etc. My first question is this: I have hundreds of seeds from pretty decent stuff I have collected over the last few years. Since the soil is so good where I live and cannabis seems to thrive could I just plant a whole bunch of these seeds in the ground once it starts to warm up. If so would I plant the seeds just below the soil surface (no different than if I were to plant it in a beer cup for an indoor grow), preferably a day or so before rain was expected? If I can, I don't mind the fact that not all will make it as I literally have hundreds of seeds and a big patch of plants would fit right in with the natural surroundings.

Second question- has anyone ever smoked any wild weed ? Many of the plants in my area are more indica type - very wide and bushy with enormous buds. I know hemp plants tend to be tall and lanky with very few and small buds? If it's even low grade but still better then hemp...I would love to make hash or butter out of it for edibles.

Thanks !

2. Midwest ditch weed is all hemp left over from the massive grows of World War 2. Go ahead and dry and smoke it but all you'll get is a headache.

Outside plant after the last expected freeze or in Early to mid May.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I figured it was garbage...dumb question but how do you plant seeds right in the middle of ground...can I just poke a little hole with my finger and just stick it in there?

4. Yes.
    For best results I'd start them inside the 1st of May and get them up to 4 or 6 inches tall before I set them out to insure a good start in life but if you've got a bucket of seeds it really doesn't matter.
    Plant 1/2 to 1 inch deep.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes I'll be sowing right in the ground...is it a good idea to do it right before a big rain storm ?