putting pieces of paper in curing jar to take away humidity

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Dizsmo, Jul 7, 2019.

1. i was thinking about if I would be able to put some paper either crumbled or pieces into my weed curing jars to help keep the humidity lower?Ive been burping them every few hours cause I did a 6 day dry to the point where the buds felt dry but the stems werent snapping.Now in the jar the buds tend to want to all stick together im not sure if its just cause the buds sticky or if the humidity is getting out of hand,I really dont want mold just filled up about 6 big mason jars

2. I believe it was BrassNwood who had a nice thread on drying/curing... and it addressed just this issue.
    I'm thinking about his process for swapping buds from jars to paper bags for a few hours and swapping back...
    ending with a Bovada pack.
    Yes, it IS BrassNwood; I kept a copy of a posting he made.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Noooooo...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dont put anything in the jars if it's too high, just take the lids off.. if the buds are too wet to be sealed that's just it.. their too wet and you need to let them air dry a bit more..

On the other hand if they were too dry I would put a fresh fan leaf in the jar to try and rehydrate.

Never express dry or do anything to make it faster unless you want hay weed