Putting germinated seed in rockwoal??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mrlyjammn420, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Ok so i germinated seeds in paper towels and then put the seeds in rockwoal plugs that i let sit in distilled water for 24 hours. The seeds cracked and had its tap root sticking out. I placed the seeds with about a cm from the top and then placed them in a dish under my lights. Would this work? I was planning on let them grow above the rockwoal and then pick the best of the crop once i get ready with my grow room which i am constructing within a week. Just awaiting fans that i ordered. Not sure if this gonna work?????

2. Sorry, I am a little rusty on my metric measurements. A centimeter is about .4 inches right? It sounds like this is far enough. I typically push mine almost to the bottom of the precut hole. Just keep them moist and they should work out for you. It will take a few days for the roots to poke out the bottom. Once they do, put them in your growing medium and you are good to go.

Good luck.

3. Like every other living creature your growing seeds will eventually have to "eat".

In other words you eventually will have to "feed" them or they will starve.

They'll be OK for the first few days after sprouting but then will require the necessary feeding solution (many different products available).

PS: The roots will eventually outgrow the small rock wool cube you have them in. There are many different options where you can (have to) stick them in after.

I highly recommend to use this forum and read which option available you'll like most and then proceed from there.

Good luck.

4. i just put a very light sprits of my plant feed/water mixture. and i think with that littl ebit of nutes and the stuff already in seed it should be good.

5. ^^^ Yep, should have mentioned that. I assumed they had nutes/ferts covered. My bad. Thanks Leapfrog.

6. Seeds should be placed in rock wool about half way down to insure good contact with the material, for a stable stem and well anchored roots. Soak well with PH adjusted water maybe a weak seaweed and water solution. place the rock wool cubes into a small tray and keep moist but not soaked, place under a gentle light at about 75-85 degrees until sprouts emerge. After seeds have emerged and roots are well developed transplant into grow media of choice.

7. thanks guys i appreciate the help and suggestions. I am building my cab right now so hopefully it works. check it out under grow room design. under COME BUILD WITH ME!