Putting faith in its place

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Senior PoopiePants, Aug 13, 2011.

1. A little video I stumbled upon.

I honestly think that this video says it all:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wV_REEdvxo]Putting faith in its place - YouTube[/ame]

It discerns the difference between faith and logic in the most concise way.

2. A few of the most glaring contradictions that are for some reason ignored:

- An omniscient being capable of choice

- A perfect being that needs to be worshipped

- A not-spatial omnipresent being

- An all-loving omnipotent being that allows eternal agony

"Join our religion of love and peace or burn in hell for eternity"

^^^ Those are all from the video, and I just thought that it should be QFT.

3. great video

"100 invalid arguments don't accumulate into 1 valid one."

i think he hits the nail on the head @ 4:50 and further on.

now lets see if anyone gains anything from it.

4. i didnt watch yet- will later- and offer a full responce-im just subing in now to see who is the first to try and convince you that faith is logical....:eek:;):smoking:

5. I feel like i can't move on with my life until i can cope with that "fact" that we just rot

6. i havent even watched it yet....an i have a feeling they are not telling you its logic that you "just" rot...;):smoking:
    im pretty sure logic says...."this is what we can prove -beyond that we dont know"

7. I dont think i wanna watch it. Sounds to contraverisal :smoke:

8. its ok....fear has been holding humans back for a very long time;):smoking:

9. Well, to be fair, you won't even know you died.

You shouldn't let that hold you back from living life, though. Hell, since finally realizing that religion is just nonsense my life has gotten better because I know this is my only chance and we have to make the best of it while we're still here, keep your head up :smoking:.

10. What the video is saying is NOT to speculate on anything. This includes speculating on the afterlife. There is no way to know whether something happens or if something doesn't happen when we die.

11. kinda figured as much from the title...

logic is usually easy to figure....;):smoking:
    it tends to stay within its own rules.....

now we can speculate all we want.....
    just call it what it is
    dont try and call those speculations absolute truths......that is a different story....

12. Yes sir. I agree.

I mean, I'm coming a long way myself. This video is even making me think twice about other beliefs I've had. And there's a video for that too (I'm talking about supernatural things).

Check it out. This one really ruffled my feathers, but it's absolutely correct. After all - I am in it for the pursuit of truth and knowledge. If I'm wrong, I want to know.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI&feature=relmfu]Open-mindedness - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not so much into ghosts and shit like that, but was more into the alien conspiracy, reincarnation-type fringe shit. This video addresses that stuff as well.

13. i am all about questioning my own shit!!!!!!
    i kinda have to...just to try and keep track of whats real and whats not.....

i sometimes like to argue a point from sides other then the one i personally take!!!!! this -i find -is a good way to get a different perspective and sometimes learn alot about what you thought you already knew!!!!