putting Clones straight into Flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jedimindtrick44, Mar 1, 2010.

1. foaf was wondering if it's possible to take clones from a mother who was on a 24 hour light cycle, and put the clones onto a 12/12 light cycle. If not immediately, then how long should one keep them on the 24hr cycle before switching to a flowering cycle?

It's for a sea of green/perpetual harvest setup where there are 2 mothers, and every 19 days, 10 clones are taken and put into the perpetual cycle.

Also, this is a semi-related question; If a plant has an 11 week flower period, and that plant is put into flowering with little or no veg time, should any extra time be added to the 11 weeks to compensate for the lack of veg time?

Thanks in advance

2. Most ppl only let the clones get about 6'' around maybe even less (look up "an lst lady never shows...) And there shouldn't be any added time for the buds to mature that should all stay about the same

3. Hello, you always want to place your clones under minimal light until they have rooted. Now the time this process takes depends on your strain and the method of cloning you use. Typically it take 5-14 days for strains to root before being able to place them in the flowering room. Now the length of time for the clones to veg is up to you. The longer they veg the bigger they will get. I use a SOG grow in my DWC buckets and I let them veg for about 10-14 days before flowering them. As for the added flowering time, you dont have to change this. But for flowering time I would recommend getting a 420 scope because even though the seedbanks say thats the required time for that strain it is not going to be 100% perfect. The maturity of the plant will depend on temp/humidity/soil or hydro/nutes/feeding schedule ect. And thats not to mension the type of high your looking for. I like to let my plants go a little longer depending on the strains pheno. If it is a sativa dom. plant then I wait until the trichs are 50%/50% clear/milky. If it a indica dom plant then I wait until it is 50%-70% amber. It is all on your preference. I hope I helped, later brother.:smoke:

4. Thanks for the super fast response. It was really helpful guys. When my foaf gets this system up and running, I'll have to get some pictures to post

5. I put my clones right into flowering when I need to determine sex. If I want buds off of them, and space is an issue for my grow, I let them grow a new set of healthy, new grown leaves, then put them into flowering.

I don't like the way most leaves appear after cloning, that yellowish tint to some leaves. To have green leaves (in my mind) means that there are some brand new leaves that can help bear fruit much better than the old leaves that were used to build roots. I figure it would slow down many processes needed for fruiting, and so far, it seems to work well for me!

6. can you take a cloner from a flowering plant then without reveging put it back into flowering?