Puting ice in a bong

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Thanksgrasscity, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Is it any different than water bong?

2. you should probably just try and see

• Like Like x 2
  3. I made such a big deal when purchasing my bong to make sure it had an ice pinch. After a month, hardly used it. It's nice, but isn't all that great for me, and it generally means you have to be diligent about emptying it, otherwise the melting ice can cause an overflow

• Like Like x 5
  4. Yeah it's more of a special occasion type of thing.

5. Ice makes for a smoother rip, but yeah, it also causes overflow too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. i usually will keep an old mason jar handy if I'm using ice. since the water is generally cleaner it doesn't smell as bad, then i just dump it in the toilet at the end of the sesh instead of constantly getting up to empty it.

also if your in an area where it snows fill your bong with loosely packed snow and no water. it feels like your just breathing in straight air that gets you stoned

• Like Like x 3
  7. When I lived in Savannah, GA, my friend had a pretty nice bong that we'd throw ice into. Nice cool, smooth hits.

8. Kind of a tangent here but i wonder how some dry ice would be in a bong

-Yes i know it releases Co2 but not enough to hurt at all
    -No overflow
    -Cool for Halloween bong sesh

9. Hot water will be a smoother hit. Cold smoke gets condensed and once it hits your lungs expands due to body temperature.

• Like Like x 2
  10. meaning a bigger hit...plus I dont know anyone who likes their hits hot. I usually stack around 6 cubes in mine but i compensate for the melting by not filling the water up as much.

11. I actually tried a couple of hits with WARM water in the bong --- I was surprised how smooth it was.... I think it made for a more 'humid' hit. Ice is nice, but not a priority if you dump it and refill with cool water for each sesh...

12. It makes the smoke a little cooler and smoother. Eventually the ice starts melting and making the water level rise though, so you have to keep dumping out water (and adding more ice if you want). Give it a try if you have a bong with an ice catcher :smoke:

13. Snow bongs!!! We used to make those at christmas time in our local mountains. Fresh fallen snow. And your right, no water needed! It completely removed any and all harshness, even from shwag!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Filling a bong with Snow is amazing. I used to do it in Tahoe at Christmas. The smoke filters through the snow and is lovely and cold.

15. I had this little bong I called Freeelzebub.

I salted the shit out of the water and put the whole thing in the freezer.

Sub zero salt water hits like a hammer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I like filling the bottom with crushed ice. Mucho frio

17. I have a 4 footer I would pull out when it snows sadly missing the two piece bowl I find another one of these days

18. Personally i believe that its a little pointless. You want the smoke to still expand inside your lungs so that it is better absorbed by the your lungs. I wish I had know this before buying the STAX glycerine coil, but hey the gf likes it even if it doesnt lift you up as much.

19. Well at one point It can if you cool the smoke or vapor too much it will convert to a liquid (oil) or (resin) and water vapor. One of these days I like to build a glass bong using a couple of condensers and a water pump for the ice water. with a electronic lighter kinda a hookah maybe. Now just need a air pump that runs on 3.7v for my other idea . more ideas than money lol