Purpose and Meaning of life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by pandonium32, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Just wanted to start a discussion on my biggest question that stomps my brain alot. What is purpose and meaning of life? Why do we do what we do.. feel what we feel. Why do we try to work for something are whole life, just to await our death in the end, just to lose all of what we worked for. Why and what is meaning... and the purpose of human life?

Just a little thought to think on! When I was stoned I would think of it and always wanted the answers to a question that is just.... idk so hard to explain. Hit me with the feels and all your wisdom GC! :D

2. Yea i often think like that, especially when I'm high. It melts your head a bit when you think really deeply about it.

3. I know right, I mean you think of everything that goes on, and how it goes on.. but does it truely have a reason for why it's there.

4. i have so many text documents on this topic lol
    various theories , pages long. to spare your eyes though i'll just go with some current thoughts a possibilities.

i think the meaning of life is different for each individual mind.

as for the purpose it could really be anything.
    - we could basically be the lab rats of higher evolved species.
    - this could all just be a simulation. a highly intelligent simulation.
    - live a good life and be rewarded in the next
    - slaves for higher entities
    - to not destroy the planet... make it past the nuclear age and evolve. *
    - we could just be fufilling our function here whatever it may be. just how a cold or flu virus attacks certain cells. we do what we do not knowing of the bigger picture.
    - we could be here to find a way to overcome evil. which runs the whole planet right now.

Hell . for all we know our ideas are being harvested by advanced beings and being put to use elsewhere.

or "aliens"  it's nothing like hollywood. where they come down battle and zap you. you think a smart species would do that? no. thats human warfare. how humans view war.  they would probably use something more the the art of war tactic. destroy your enemy from within.

5. In the end it doesn't matter if you won, hell it doesn't even matter how you played, all that matters is YOU PLAYED THE GAME... That's how I feel about life...don't matter how you do it or how you live it that matters , all that matters is you lived ...so live it up to what makes YOU happy . Yolo lol

6. Yolo is one of the worst abbreviations that has ever been created in popular culture. I dislike it greatly.

7. SWAG YOLO YOLO CRAY-CRAY!!! 

watching the world get dumber and dumber .

Wow thats some craziness!
    that's crazy
    CrayCray

future...

KAAAY [​IMG]

8. Wow. What that good shit really makes you think of.

There's a saying...

"Great minds think alone"

9. To love and to be loved seems to be what humans want the most, so that?

10. Damn dude all dem thoughts..... I mean what is in the next life..... is there a next life?

11. Yeah tell that to murders and terrorist who will kill a mother with children for a quick buck... this world is so messed up. I want to be able to change it, but i can't and neither can a million. I wish it was like that though man

SPREAD THE LOVE!

12. [​IMG]yyou live more then once ?

13. #15 9xKitsun3, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
    I think the only people who could tell us are theones who were dead for a while then came back to life.
    or those who can astral project.... use to practice astral projection just to seek such answers.

there have been many cases that support life after death.

http://youtu.be/VFHWb7IuPno

example ^ and an interesting watch

14. To procreate in the hopes that our offspring will continue our dna.  We are not unlike other animals...unfortunately we are too smart for our own good and are able to ask "Why are we here?".  We have overtaken the earth, we are killing it in fact.

But why are we here.  We (humans) are here through evolution.  But we had to come from something right?  We will never know and thats a fact.

15. That video is kind of weird but dude it blew my mind. Thats some heavy stuff, I mean I want to say false but I mean what child that young could make something like that up. Thats insaine :eek:

16. i wish they would have investigated a little more into the grandpa boy.
    but i woke up this morning to find this article
    http://altering-perspectives.com/2013/12/dna-memory-exists-keeps-ancestors-experiences.htmlit would explain his story, but not the story of the main kid

17. There is no absolute meaning to life. The meaning of life is subjective. 
    Therefore, ask a hundred people that question and you will get a hundred different responses. 

18. Not too much worse than the same memes used over and over or "the feels, bro" or anything else that people say just because someone else said it.