PurpleCheesers WhiteRhino CFL grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by PurpleCheeser, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Ok, im going to document a grow journal, so in case I have anyquestions they will be easier answered.

Lights at the moment: 3 30w CFL's. Waiting for Y-adapters so i can have 6 30w CFLs.(cool white)

Strain: Nirvanas WhiteRhino

Soils: Organic Soil i picked up from my school.

Area: 1.5' x 1.5'

- I plan on moving this to my friends house on 2/15/08 to go under the 1000w HPS.

1st pic is on 2/7/08
    [​IMG]

2nd 2/10/08

[​IMG]

3rd & 4th taked 2/12/08

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Theirs 2 more plants, but i havnt taken pics of them, i just documented the most vigourus WhiteRhino

I also just dropped in 2 HGS Avalanches into the soil and they popped today. I will also document those.

If anyone knows what the brown spot is on the last picture, help would be appreciated.

3. Hey man your soil has fertilizer balls in it which means time release which means very bad. The brown is the start of fert burn. Hopefully it does not get any worse.

4. Bastards, i knew i shouldnt have bought soil from my school. No worries, Im going how for valentines day and im going to buy a bad of Fox Farms Ocean and light warrior and transplant them in 5 gallon pots, so hopefully the plants will balance out. I will post new pics before I leave (tomarrow evening).

5. I would like to sign up for a subscription.

6. Update: Valentines Day 2/14/08

Their all generally the same pheno except for WhiteRhino #2 plant

WR3
    [​IMG]

WR2
    [​IMG]

WR1
    [​IMG]

All Three
    [​IMG]

They all seem to be a little droppy, I think this was due to over watering. I want to get them into bigger pots, but that means using crappy soil. So im going to wait till i go home and come back with Fox Farms soil and then transfer into bigger pots which will be on sunday.

7. Dont mind the dead brown area, I accidently got a little too close with the CFL's.

8. SHowing the HGS Avalanches some love, their not much to look at since their still in kindergarden. They were born on 2/10/08

this one lookes like its going to be a bushy fellow.
    [​IMG]

This one has some funky first set of leaves, kind of concave-up curl.

[​IMG]

9. Ok, I went to the hydro store and bought 3 5 gallon buckets along with Fox Farms light warrior and a bad of organic soil. The owner said that they didnt carry FF Ocean soil anymore and that this stuff from orgeon was the same, whatever.

So i missed the Organic Orgeon with the FFOW 2:1 and placed the three plant in each of the 3 gallon pots and put them under the 1000w HPS. Then watered them about a pitcher each.

I was wondering, how far should the light be from the flants? 18"?

Will take pictures in 3 days.

10. does anyone know if it would be safe to add Fox farms nutes, or does the organic soils that im using have enough nutrients at the moment?

11. i'd wait a couple weeks to give any nutes.. that soil is loaded and white rhino is really sensitive to over nuting.
    as far as the light.. i'd go with 2' since they're kinda small and work it down until it's as close as you can get it without it burning your plants.
    They look nice man.. GL

12. 1000 watt hps should be from 10-36 inches away.

13. Ok, ill post more pics tomarrow. I forgot my camera last time.

14. Ok, I forgot my camera so I had to take pictures with my camera phone, sorry. This is at2/20/08. As I mentioned these are at my friends house my plants are on his schedual, so he said that hes going to put his (which means mine also) into flowering. Do you think these plants are too young to go into flowering?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these are the two Avalanches which as still little babies. I accidently put the light too close, hence the burn markes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think? questions, comments?

15. Avalanche; too young. Others probably OK too go 12/12.

16. Ok yea I didnt mean the Avalanches, but the White Rhino's. Ive been considering using bushmaster, i heard that it shortened flowering time and increases yeild.

17. Ok, so heres the plants at 2/24. I think im going to be putting them into flower today. I LST'd the 3, I was wondering if i should still LST and bend them back during flowering.
    Also im pretty sure im going to buy the fox farms tri pack for flowering. Do you think they would be good by themselves or do i have to buy the grow big and tiger bloom also?
    Heres the entire set up
    [​IMG]
    heres my 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Nice plants.

I thought the Fox Farm tri pack was the Big Grow, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. Those three theoretically have all she needs veg to finish.

I should but I don't LST, but I think you can do bending for the first few weeks of 12/12. Maybe the benders will chime in.

19. Well theirs 2 sets of the tri pack, one for vegging and the other for flowering. The flowering consists of: Beasties bloom, open seasame, and cha ching.

But I will LST for the first few weeks of flower, shouldnt harm anything I hope.

Has anyone else here grown white rhino? How long does it take to finish?

20. ~10-11 weeks of Flower