Purple Wreck, White Widow, Fruity Pebbels and more

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Gatson, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Nice looking grow.
    Looks like males are always first to pop out and ruin things.
    Hope you dont have as bad luck with them as i did.

2. Little mini update, just because things are starting to get exciting for me. I see a huge harvest from these three females I have going. Anyone care to agree ha?

Picture 1: Sue, the designated donor father. Johnny Cash irony, anyone?

Picture 2: I tried to get as close up pictures as possible. You may have to look closely but you can see a pistil coming straight up on the right side, one of the top nodes. It kind of blends in with the stalk behind it, but you can definitely see it.

Picture 3: Another pistil. I very vaguely outlined the calyx in red to try and make it easier to find where to look.

Picture 4: And just for fun, a comparison pic of the ScrOG cab. What a difference two days makes :hello:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. what's going on Gatson? Everything looks great dude, the scrog looks really nice.

gl man!

4. Looks great bro

wish ya luck with your grow!

Peace:)

5. scrog is looking good bro! im sure youll have a sweet harvest. Cant wait to see the final

6. Hey Gatson.... thanks for checking out my grow. Well i got the seeds of my plant from an old guy who is a grower. all he said was that it was a fruity strain. i wish i would have got the name of the strain but whatever. They do look alot alike. it could possibly be it or something similar. She keeps turning more purple everyday!

7. I'm sure these mini updates will slow down some once I become a little more familiar with each strain, but everything's changing so much day to day that I just get too excited. A little has changed since my last update. The future PW mother to be has taken off very nicely since rooting up. And I really think that the ScrOG is going to surpass all my expectations. The difference between my prior grows as compared to this one is like night and day. This may not be anything special to alot of you, but for me...I couldn't be any happier.

Picture 1: I saw the biggest difference in the screen between Sept. 6th lights off to Sept. 6th lights on. The buds are starting to show up and are beautiful. I'm not even going to try and count the tops. I'm gonna guess it will have 30+ legit colas by the time streching stops :smoking::smoking:

Picture 2: I tried to get a decent closeup of a preflower from the ScrOG but it was hard to do as the lights had just turned off. I have a new camera I'm getting used to so by the time the sugar starts to show up, I'll have the macro feature mastered for y'all.

Picture 3: The PW future bonsai mom. This has taken off in the past couple days and I'm more than excited. Once I get the dark green back, I'll be on cruise control with this young girl.

Picture 4: A quick canopy picture of the PWs in flower, just for fun. This picture is a couple days old. The bud sites are alot more in your face now as compared to this picture. Just waiting for the frost.

Soooo... That's about it. I'll have a real update on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, I just get antsy in the meantime and can't help myself to throw up a few pictures every couple days haha.

Attached Files:

8. Oh ya...the Mr. Nice and the Raspberry seeds I germed have both broke the soil. I was thinking about including them in this post but they're so small and boring I'll wait for them. They'll be included in the next big post by default, I guess.

9. Nice lil scrog man,plants look like you now know just what they need.Takes awhile to read these girls and give them what they want,FFOF is a great soil too.Good luck man!!;)

10. So I want to add another strain to my garden on Friday. Payday is just around the corner and I'm going to have pretty much a G with nothing to do with it. All bills are taken care of so it's money for money's sake, if you will. I want to add c99 but I can't find seeds for it anywhere. Only on hempdepot and I'm not down with sending a money order in the mail without having some kind of confirmation like they can do online. Am I too late to jump on Cinderella's carriage or has it already struck midnight? (sorry about the horrible, horrible reference...) And if I can't get my hands on any c99 seeds, what do y'all recommend instead, that would give me similar results? Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Damn gatson... who let you out of your cage:eek:... nice job dude....You are a animal....
    Keep up the posts man, ill tag along:cool:

+rep

12. Thanks Bud...appreciate the kind words and rep. I'll be keeping up with your grow as well. When I bought my PW, Biggie smalls was one of the other 3 strains I was thinking of that got put to rest.

How about the c99, anyone? If I can't find any Cindy, I think I'm probably going to go ahead with Purple Cindy. Anyone have success stories with Highgrade Seeds that live in the states?

13. hey man if you wanna pollinate i heard people take the pollen sacks an put em in a lil container and use a brush or a qtip or something and brush the pollen on your female and viola. i am a noob grower but yeah its just an idea.

14. Thanks for stopping by, amigo. And yes, that's exactly what I plan on doing. It's a novel idea that is easy in concept yet I never would have thought of it if I hadn't stumbled across some literature on it.

15. Prolly the same literature i read a while back. :smoking: cant wait to see what the new strains like. ill be tuned in. Happy growin dude. :smoking:

16. Collected pollen can last up to 2 month in a Tupperware in the refrigerator. This allows you to wait for the perfect moment that your females want to accept the pollen (it is a 2-3 week window to pollinate).

17. So I've come to a decision. I'll be adding 3 strains to my garden on Friday. Well...Friday is when I'm ordering them anyways. The seeds will be from HighGradeSeeds. I'm going with these three and I'll list the main reasons I picked each.

Big Blue:

Lineage-NL #5 x Blueberry...two classic strains
    Flower time-8 weeks...perfect
    Pure Indidca-I'm a fan of Sativa because I like daytime bud..but it'd be nice to have one homerun hitter in the group.
    Height-short

Brainwreck:

Lineage-Trainwreck Hybrid...anyone know the other strain(s) in this cross?
    Flower time-9 weeks...I'm not doing SOG so 9 weeks is doable
    50/50 Indica/Sative...it'll be nice to have some harvests that mix it up a little
    Yeild-massive...apparently this is a very high yielding strain

Purple Cindy:

Need I say more?
    Lineage: Purple Oregon Thai x c99 (anyone know a seedbank that has c99 anymore?)
    Flower time-10 weeks...that's fine because it's supposed to be an easy strain to grow
    Good yield

And that's that. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions of other strains?

18. So tonight's another picture update...although it'd be somewhat nice to get some help on questions I actually have. Instead of a pat on the back for good looking pictures haha. Here in about an hour or so, there will be quite a few pictures for everyone to enjoy. Quite alot has changed for my girls in flower.

19. what are the questions?

20. What do you think about my choice of strains listed? I mean I know it's ultimately down to me...but I'd love input, criticism, agreement...anything to know I'm doing something right or wrong haha.

And the other question I had was...do you (or anyone) know anywhere that c99 is available in seed form?