purple tinge on bottom leaves?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by doggerjones, Aug 22, 2010.

1. ive been keeping a close eye on my plant and its been doing ok, but the bottom leaves are still a little yellowish which I guess is normal for flowering. anyway this morning I came out and noticed very faint purple coloring on those yellowing leaves? usually I've heard this is from when the plant gets too cold but it hasnt been any different temps than usual around here.

also the buds, especially the cola seem to be turning orange at a really fast rate. like in the last 3 days it's gone from mostly white to almost all orange (and a bit of purple, which is also kinda weird). is that normal? my last plant had white hairs for a fairly long time before switching to orange

2. Can u post some pics. It sounds similar to what mine did going into flowering but it would b better if we could see it

3. sounds like a purple affy strain of some type. if the top of the plant is healthy and the leaves aren't droopin' then you may just be seein a bit of natural die off, (pics would be helpfull) this happens when flowering advances and you may see a huge jump in bud size in the next few weeks. I like to get rid of those yellow shade leaves cuz they can be seen a long way off.

4. [​IMG]

thats a picture of it a couple days ago... it looks basically the same except for the purple tinge which is hardly noticeable unless u look rly hard, probably wouldnt have even shown up in the picture. and also all those hairs on those buds look basically orange now, in such a short period of time

5. Looks like its over watered bro, let the leaves droop just a bit then water good and dont water again till ya see another droop, don't let it fall over dead or nothin but you'll see the leaves sag a bit the hit it with the water keep your nutes at half strenth or lighter with that one and only nute 1 of 3 waterings or less. make sure you have proper drainage.

6. k I was just inspecting my plant and i found 2 tiny black bugs chillin on a branch on the underside of some buds. i looked all over the rest of the plant and couldnt find any other ones, and i removed these 2 with a little stick.. wtf is that? i just started feeding molasses the other day but it was pretty watered down and I watered afterwards, that shouldnt attract many bugs right?

7. #7 doggerjones, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    k I got some pics of it... here. it hasn't actually changed in color much but it was a cloudy day when i took the first pic and the suns beating down on it in these ones so it looks a little more yellow

the yellowing/purplish leaves
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the buds
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

so do I have much to worry about? cuz to me those buds look pretty damn good but the leaves are making me worry.

^^and ya im pretty sure it is overwatered, it hasn't rly dried out enough for a long time. hopefully just time will fix it up

8. #8 doggerjones, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    now that I got pics no one can figure it out? the purpling on the leaves on the bottom is getting worse, but i don't even know if that's rly a bad thing. doesn't look unhealthy at all other than the fact it's basically yellow striped with purple now on the bottom 2 or 3 leaf nodes. and a bunch of other stuff is turning purple. just growin some purp i guess

and to the guy above that said it was overwatering I still hope that's the only problem but I've never seen leaves change shade in color much due to overwatering? and unfortunately today it was raining unbelievably hard and my weed plant was under cover but it was also windy so it got pretty drenched again, prob gonna be another few days until it dries out now

9. still no one has any ideas? I got a pH tester and it was around 6.8 which should be pretty much fine right? one of the leaves is starting to curl over a lot and its starting to progress up the plant. im not so much worried about the purple anymore as i am about the leaf curling up that much

10. have u used nutes for flowering? the purple in flowering is usually a sign of p deficiency give it some fertilizer and see if that changes anything, one other thing is it getting cold where you are?:)