purple strains?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sourdiesel1, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Can anybody point me towards seed companies that have strains that actually turn purple with out lowering temps or the use of Co2 ?

2. Yep, you can get them right over there -->

Heh, don't hate me, I'm baked lol

3. shaman from dutch passion they rekon about half turn purple during flowering.. theres probly newer purple genetics than that though

4. @phenom aha ilooked to Bro :I I'm baked too lol

@seedjay thanks man ill chafing that out

5. In my experience very few strains turn purple without some sort of temperature drop, although there's a few out there. In my opinion the purple color comes from the plants anticipating the fall season just like trees. A few tricks I use to get the purple out is to start my lights off @13 hours on in flower, then down to 12 then to 11 and maybe even ten. Rootzone temps need to be about 55 and below. Dont know where your at, but if you ever come across Cherry Kush (Og Kush x Purple Afghani) goes purple everytime no matter what.

6. Hmm cherry kush? Thanks man ill keep an eye out for that n the only reason I ask is because I recently came across a friends outdoor purple deisel that had turned completely purple in 103 degree weather. maybe genetics also have something to do with the color change as well?

7. That just means it was a real purple strain. You make make most, if not all bud temp purp

8. Go to attitude and look on the right for "purple" strains or seeds( I don't remember) but it will give u all of the seeds they carry deemed purple from the different companies