Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Purple Haze is Extinct?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SmokinBluntsTX, Apr 25, 2010.

1. #1 SmokinBluntsTX, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
    Many rumors have been passing me by and saying Purple Haze has fallen off the edge of the earth? Is it true that this amazing plant is now gone?? :eek:

2. No i just germinated some purple haze seeds I got off the internet

3. Theres some dispensory that has a strain named purple haze, but it doesnt share any of the genetics the original had. And its said that there may have never been a "true" purple haze anyway.

4. The original strain of purple haze is. But there is hybrids, 50th gen purple haze. but the 1st known purple haze strain is. Everything else is breed from that plant and the plants after it. But Sense every strain changes and well. most strains are gone from the face of the earth, but there is the breed strains and hybrids.

That I think is a good answer.

5. You are a little late. I have read articles about it, pretty much the original strain was only around for like a month I think. then it just got to be a big name because of Hendrix's song that isn't even about it

6. I hate purple weed just because of purple haze. If anyone gets anything purple suddenly its purple haze but the quality of the bud is some good dro at best. Most of the time when you pick up from a dealer and you get purple buds its because of a light dificancy.

7. Does it matter its a strain its not like you get double the high.

8. you are the motherfuckin' man for saying this.

9. i beg to differ....most of the purple floating around is caused by cold temp....colder temps bring out darker colors such as purple in bud.

10. I heard it went "extinct" in the early 70's. Most people will pay ridiculous amounts of money to get weed with any purple at all.

11. Regardless of what some others will try and tell you, it has been extinct for quite some time. Anything called Purple Haze today is not the same genetics of the old school Purple Haze of decades past.

12. Haze is the shit!

13. #14 1n0BestBuDz420, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    I don't know how old this discussion is. but in reality after a plant specifically our friend MJ is cloned. She can only produce 12 generations before THC gets diminished by nearly half of the original product. Since the trinomials don't get produced properly. But there are some breeders or mother's as I call them. Start out as a seed to then be isolated and clipped. Used produce the next clone Gen. Then the system gets repeated. But as far as purple Haze being extinct .... Well if you have the to original strains to any hybrid it's possible. if you have the time and know how. But remember mj is more potent than it was in the 90s. wich the average top was 16.5%. and in present times. with mid shelf hitting an upward of 25% or more top shelf hitting 40% to 49% .in Jimmy's day 10% was today's 49% put that in your J and smoke it. So if you can splice or graph a hybrid you could eventually get the purple Haze. So yes and no. Probably way better strains out today anyway and the surface is only beginning to be scratched.

14. Well sadly purple Haze being a sativa hybrid simply means it's leafs should be purple dark green at worst. Not it's flower purple flower is an indica only genetic trait if it was deprived of blue light any light shade will die even hops. Cold temp slows buding while heat will cause wilting and dehydrated plants. If your stems are purple on the outer sides and up the capillaries with green flesh your plant is full of nitrogen and your soil is inadequate pot ash will help. Nitro poison is usually why you see spotted buds and the usually have premature seeds since it's typical for them to get confused when this happens. Premature seeds = A sexual flower 70% of the time