Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pure (or close to) THC..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JaysForDays, Feb 28, 2012.

1. #1 JaysForDays, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
    I think i might have come up with a really good theory to come out with a finished product of some nearly pure thc.
    1. Soak 10-20 grams of whatever bud you want(shitty weed=.3g-.9g thc with ten grams bud, dank=1.5-2.5g with ten grams bud) in 99% isopropanol 1% water for 1 hour
    2. Drain liquid with coffee filter, discard solid, keep liquid.
    3. Let liquid evaporate completely.

You should have a decent hash oil, and to further the thc purification, you must remove waxes and other impurities from the oil. For this I am not sure what solvent would work, this is the only problem with my theory. I thought naphtha(lighter fluid) would possibly work but i am not sure about thc solubility in it, if it will dissolve, then you cant use it because it will do nothing but add time to the process. I cant seem to find any reliable answers to whether or not its soluble. If anyone on here knows, or knows of any solvents that thc does not dissolve in but the waxes and impurities will, please let me know. Anyway, here is the rest of the theory:

4. Scrape the oil and put it in a smaller container.
    5. Pour in 50ml of ?naphtha?
    6. After 1 hour, strain through a coffee filter and discard liquid.
    7. Evaporate the rest of the naphtha from solid.
    8. Give a quick water wash by putting a coffee filter on top of a cup, and hold it on with a rubber band. Place solid residue on top and pour water over it.

The end result should be relatively pure hash, nearing 95 to 99% thc. It will be very sticky, almost like thick peanut butter. If we can figure out a solvent that will work, i would like to test this theory, or someone else on here can if they would like, and let me know how it turns out

JUST A THEORY.

2. Dude i could smoke like 10 blunts and not even want to be any higher by the time i got done doing that shit

3. You must be in the wrong thread then, dude.

4. Haha dont take me wrong I would absolutely love to buy some 99% THC Hash.:smoke:

5. What solvent could hold that much THC and still be 99% pure? lol.

I have no clue what pure THC looks like and I doubt I'd ever find out.

6. #6 JustinCredible, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
    i remember hearing that the cia used thc in syringes on rats and mice.. im not sure what would work to do it, your theory sounds like a very good one..trust me ive heard worse before lol.
    ill try to do a bit of research on this specific idea and post back if i find anything worth a try

edit: below are quotes i found that show using naptha works

"yes you can do a naptha extract its better then doing an alcohol one. Heat the naptha but dont blow your self up. hot water bath"

"I have personally extracted weed into honey oil using butane, and I know for a fact that naphtha would also work. your never going to get "crystals" of THC, it's an oil, not a crystalline solid. As for heat treating? I don't know, but I do know that if you eat a chunk of hash, your going to get blown, so who knows.
    Don't use alcohol to extract, you get a whole bunch of chlorophyll."

"The one time i made hash oil i did it using naptha, it works quite well and i plan on trying it again very soon. I hear acetone works even better."