Pure Kush

Discussion in 'General' started by Trippy Flick, Aug 9, 2010.

1. #1 Trippy Flick, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    Picked up a small sack of something called Pure Kush about a week ago and toked a little bit of it with some buddies shortly after I got it. I would have uploaded pics, but, in a display of remarkable foresight that can only be described as emblematic of pot enthusiasts, we forgot the camera.

First of all, I love Kush. She is one of my best friends. She's always got my back. I've tried a lot of different kinds and have at least heard of most Kush strains, but when my friend told me they had some "Pure Kush," I was pretty skeptical, but trusting my friend, and always eager to try new things, I picked some up anyway. I bought a twenty sack, but as with any haut-de-gamme buds (or marketed as such), I got about as much as a dime of mids.

When I was told, "...Pure Kush..." my thoughts were that it was probably plain ol' Kush given a name that makes it sound better than it is (not like there's nothing wrong with regular Kush; it's still a favorite of mine). However, that was hardly the case. What I was given strongly resembles Master Kush. There were VERY few differences between this and Master Kush, making it an absolute pleasure in lieu of expecting something different. It's a good thing because I don't have enough good things to say about Master Kush, but not great because, if I wanted Master Kush, then I would have bought Master Kush.

Appearance:
    Like Master Kush, the buds were small, seemingly perfectly round, and dense as hell. However, unlike my beloved Master Kush, the Pure Kush I encountered was a very dark shade of green and nearly impossible to break up, whereas Master Kush, despite its density, was pretty easy to break apart sans the grinder.

Smell:
    Here's a pretty major difference between Master Kush and Pure Kush: this shit (Pure Kush) fucking reeks! (in a good way, of course). It emits a very earthy smell that can stink up its surroundings the second it hits air. I was in my friend's basement before we embarked on our adventure with the ganja in my pocket and it stunk up the whole room without me having to take it out of my pocket.

Taste:
    It tastes... like Master Kush. The taste was very mild. A slight bit of earthiness, but not really a whole lot there, which makes it great for people who aren't a fan of having their palates attacked. A notable difference in the smoke (not necessarily the taste, though), is that this stuff is very expansive smoke, making it heavy on the lungs. This isn't really a problem for me, as I can be a proponent of the adage, "If you don't cough, then you don't get off," from time to time, but for people who enjoy an easy, non-expansive (like Master Kush :rolleyes:), this can be a major turn-off.

High:
    The part everybody looks forward to: the HIGH. And guess what? It's almost exactly like Master Kush. Pure Kush is definitely a creeper with pronounced indica and sativa traits. I had a pretty hefty body buzz going which made me incredibly calm and relaxed, but I wasn't at all couchlocked. Thanks to the apparent sativa in it, I had no problems getting up and moving around with a clear head. Also, much like Master Kush, there wasn't a whole lot that I wouldn't have considered visually stunning while I was high on this. I didn't really care how badly I was getting my ass kicked at Fight Night Round 4, the replays blew my mind every time I saw them. The only difference in high that I can think of between this and Master Kush is Pure Kush seems more appetite-stimulating. I get the munchies from Master Kush, but on Pure Kush, I couldn't eat enough. A trip to Denny's was a certain must for later in the evening.

I don't know how many of you (if anybody has) have heard of Pure Kush, but if you have and tried it, please let me know if it was anything at all like this. So far, the small group of people I smoked this with the one time are the only people I know who have any experience with this. If the consensus is the same, then I'll probably just stick with Master Kush. Even though they're almost the same thing, the few differences between them favor Master Kush over this stuff.

Thanks for reading and happy toking! :hippie:

2. #2 island03z, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
    The Pure Kush I tried is some bomb shit. It didn't smell earthy to me though it smelled really fruity, and the high hit within seconds. I've only found it in a few places in socal so I'm not sure how it made it up to Michigan but it was leaps and bounds over any master i've tried.

edit: To all your replies, I just stumbled in on a google search and the first sentence of his last paragraph asked for other opinions so I gave it....

Happy new year

3. dude what are you talking about

4. Pics or it didn't happen.

5. wrong thread doooood

6. Of course Pure Kush and Master Kush are going to be similar strains, they're both from the same main strain, Kush.

7. I got an 8 from a dispensary in ann arbor the other day because the budtender said it was his personal fav. i had never heard of it and im really glad i took his word for it. it smells a bit fruity but it wasnt ovewrwhelmingly strong i could smell the silver haze i also purchased over it. it might be the best strain ive smoked yet for the insomnia, very potent makes me sleepy as hell. its a pretty instant strong stone and within minutes your even higher, strong body buzz. one of my new top 3 favorite indicas i will definately be buying some more

8. Anybody had OG kush?

9. All the time, never had master kush though. Imagine that!

10. pure kush is from greenhouse seed company, it is supposed to be an og kush phenotype, and og kush isnt a a real kush., master kush is hindu kush x hindu kush (most seed companies) and og kush is mainly chem dawn with only little kush in it, so master kush shouldn't be so much like pure kush .

11. So random lol

Old ass fuckin thread lol