Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

pulling ash into my mouth?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by folied, May 22, 2009.

1. well im kinda burnt out right now but today me and my friends woke up at about 930 and smoked all the way until about 8 tonight.. must have smoked like 7 times in one day... when I had only smoked like 5 times before that.

well i bought a bowl off my friend but when i take hits it pulls all the ash into my mouth and makes me gag. i heard using a screen helps is there anything i can use as a screen that homemade

2. use a small nug just bigger than the hole and put that in the bottom of the bowl, and then pack the ground up weed on top of that.....works okay

also heard of using a pebble or something to block the hole but not seal it off

3. aluminum foil. but it sucks and is bad for you. but it is an easy, quick homemade screen/bowl. usally shld be a last resort.

4. screen is the best thing you can use, you can take harder hits, and you wont end up eating ash, i buy a baggy of 30 for a dollar

5. theres glass screens. it looks like a jack and essentially cuts the hole into four smaller holes.

6. Sometimes ill use a small stem.:D

7. i dont have this problem i only use a screen for hash and in your sink faucet in the bathroom there are 2-3 metal screens to filter the water just put of the cap and take one ive done it

8. make sure to hold the screen with tweezers or something and burn off the paint shit thats on it!and only use this untill you buy yourself a glass one.

9. yea just pick up some screens at your local headshop

10. No, it isn't.

11. Haha scooby snacks suck.
    Use a small rock. Works everytime if the rock allows enough room for the smoke.

12. yes it is, put just aluminum foil in a pipe and smoke it, you will cough up a lung and it will taste like shit, so every time you take a hit you inhale a lil of that foil smoke, which is very bad for you.

but if you have to use foil at least burn off all the shit on the shiny side, that will minimize the health effects.

13. Yes, it is. Smoking out of aluminum foil is terrible for your health.

14. False.

15. Go into your bathroom, Screw off the part where the water comes out on your faucet, then there should be a round screen in there. You can also buy a pack of screens for a buck at a headshop.

16. yeah screen is best. you can get them at any smoke store such as smokers choice or something like that if you don't have a headshop near you.

17. No, it isn't. I made a post about this a while back after doing some actual research and it turns out that as long as you don't heat the foil up to it's vaporizing point (which is something way beyond what an ordinary Bic can do) you will not be inhaling any of the aluminum foil.

Burning all of the "shit" off the shiny side doesn't have anything to do with it, there is no difference whether you use one side or the other, it's only due to the manufacturing process.

Plus, the only health defect associated with a higher aluminum intake than normal is Alzheimers which it was found that most patients have an aluminum content 7-10% higher than average. Even IF you got the aluminum up to it's vaporizing point, you'd have to smoke a shit load of the aluminum to get your body to intake 7-10%, and any idiot should notice the aluminum is being inhaled by then.

So don't give me negative rep (sensiblazer) when you don't have the facts man.

18. First off no one likes getting shit in their mouth.

Stem
    Little Nug
    Screen

All good choices. I would stay away from foil just cause you can find things that are made to do the job and are just as cheap.

19. yeah just go to a headshop or sumthing.use the faucit one for a little while.if u have none of those as a last resort use an ipod headphone thing.cut it out.but im pretty sure its rllyy bad for u

20. Percentage and statistics aside- Smoking aluminum is bad for you.