Pulled over

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mindcntrlpankak, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Last night i was leaving work, and i was bookin' it. I work at a private country club, and i was trying to catch the end of the Ravens game.
    Basically, i usually i am a very safe driver, and on my town's major road i never speed. But last night i was just being stupid. I ran a stop light(dumb mistake) and did about 20 over the speed limit.
    Prior to this even in september i was pulled over on 795 by a state trooper for doing 86 in a 55. I learned my lesson, but i just made a mistake last night.
    Anyway, the cop told me that i had run a light and that i did 60 in a 40. He goes back to his patrol car, and another cop shows up. They speak, then he comes back and informs me that the ticket is going to be $525:eek:. At this point i am freaking out because i made 8 bucks hourly and i get 2 shifts a week.

The cop told me that i better slow down, he hands me my license and reg. and tells me to be on my way. My prayers were answered. This cop was really nice, and he understood i made a bad decision. This is the first time i've met a cop who was a nice guy.

I also have a question, my court date is coming up on the 29th, and i was just wondering if i have to tell the judge about this event. In Layman's terms i just wanna know if they record verbal warnings, and if they judge will know about it, because i would really love to not have to pay the previous ticket.

2. damn same thing happened to me, but i didnt get off.. i got fucked in the ass by the big black dick of the law :mad:

3. that football game sucked!

4. Damn right that game sucked, not worth getting pulled over

5. If it was a verbal warning, and not a written warning, it was almost certainly not recorded (and not likely admissible anyway).

6. Thanks bro. i appreciate it.
    half bump for any more info?

7. yeah i dont think you have to bring it up. verbal warnings shouldnt be recorded i dont think.

8. Just don't say anything

9. Well if you don't have the money usually they will let you have a few extensions on the payment that's due. I wouldn't get shook over it. Don't even mention verbal warnings.

10. Unless you are in Greene County Arkansas. I went to court a couple of times and didn't have the money, so the judge stuck me straight in jail right then and there. Do not pass go, can't call anyone, car gets towed if it's still in the court parking lot at the end of the night because you are in jail, the works.

11. Shit that sucks. Guess it all depends on where you're at then.

12. I was wondering about this too. I just got a verbal warning now for running a red light. Cop comes up to me and right away says: You ran a red light

me: oh really, Im so sorry, I had no idea
    Cop: you didnt see it??
    me: no, im sorry, I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention, whats the fine?
    cop: $124
    me: I cant believe i did that, im so sorry. Its just I really have to go to the bathroom, and I wanted to Haggen over there (grocery store) and I forgot they arent open 24 hours anymore, I guess I was thinking about that and not paying close enough attention, im so sorry.
    cop goes back, checks things (I have a perfect driving record, never even had a warning so far
    cop:Ok, im giving you a warning, just drive safer ok?
    me:eek:k, thank you so much

So I was wondering if this goes in the system so that if you do it again, you dont get a warning again.

Also, this goes to show be nice to cops and they are nice to you back. It works.

By the way incase your wondering, I didnt lie at all during this exchange.

It would have really sucked to, since i was about 30 seconds from my apartment, last light to college after 70 minute drive.

13. Verbal warnings are recorded...My friend got pulled over a few weeks ago for a out headlight, recieved no ticket just the cop saying get this fixed. He was pulled over again by a cop in a different town for the same headlight. Cop asked him did you know your headlight was out? My friend responded no and the cop came back to the window with a ticket saying "You were stoped 2 nights ago for the same situation".

14. Well, I don't know how long the records last, but cops are required to put into their "system" that they gave whoever a warning for whatever at what time and whatnot.