Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pulled Over Smelling Like Marijuana - No Ticket

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Zixxer, Apr 12, 2014.

1. So i was driving home from my girlfriend's house after 1:15. I live about 5 minutes down the road, and we had just smoked a bowl before i left her house. On the way home, I get pulled over because "my license plate light was out".....anyways, he smelled weed but I did not have a single bit of weed on me nor the car. So he asks the where were you - my girlfriends house off ***** court. He then asks if I was around marijuana - I said yes but I did not admit anything yet. I told him my girlfriend smoked and the reason why I smelled like it was because I was kissing her. He eventually wants to search my car and myself - since I had nothing on me or in the car, i gave my consent cause hell, im high and just want to leave. They found nothing obviously and gave me a ticket for the license plate light being out. 

My concern is: Since i told the officer where my girlfriend lived, and that she had smoked and I kissed her, will any warning be in the system? Will she be "watched" and such? Should I advise her to watch out and such? 

2. I know not to admit, but I was in a bad situation. I had nothing on me so I didn't know what else to say. Is there anything besides this stupid ticket I should worry about?

3. #4 quadridincopedipper, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    Can't really say, but keep in mind 1 traffic stop can get you known by the locals depending on your area.

In other words, driving down the road you'll stick out like a sore thumb.

I highly doubt that your local sheriff or trooper will expend a lot of time and energy on her.

In other words, very hard case to prove.

Contact a lawyer is your best bet if this goes ANY further.

4. this one time this cop walked by my friends car and it was just me and him in it at like 11, and he goes 'oh i sold that kid 8 grams'! right when he walks by and we had nooo idea he was a cop cuz they dont walk around ever in my town... and he comes over and starts fucking with us! and he shines the light in our face and hes like u guys feelin alright? with this big ass grin and we had a bong in the dashboard ifhe had asked us for our stuff we woulda been fucked. but he tooootally knew. cops dont really care too much about weed, ive had friends get caught with weed and pipes and they just made them throw it out and let them go and they were minors too

5. "I do not consent to searches" If they keep pestering you then it becomes "Am I being detained or am I free to go?"

I have however ran into a situation where I was expecting a parcel, so I opened the door and it was a cop looking for my father, so I told him I'd see if he was home, I shut the door, locked it and went back upstairs, leaving him standing on the porch for a long time before he got the message.

But yeah, I'm paranoid about just carrying a bong across the US in the trunk of my car and no weed at all, so I can understand you position.

6. #7 Nordic Seedling, Apr 12, 2014
    This is going to sting a little bit:
    Not cool, bro! You NEVER give up people you know... You could have made your girlfriend into any mystery friend, or you could have just left the name and address part out of your tale.

I woudn't worry too much about the cops, but I would worry about my ethics...

7. Why would you tell him you had been in any kind of contact with weed, let alone where your girlfriend lives?

8. You say you didn't admit anything, but you did. You incriminated yourself and gf and let him step all over your rights and let him search your car. Just because you didn't have anything I. Your car doesn't mean you should give up your rights. Learn them use them or you will loose em.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

9. #10 Ganja ☤, Apr 12, 2014
    I'd be so fucking pissed if I were her. There was no point in saying anything at all.

10. #11 Airf0nz0, Apr 12, 2014
    The cops have better things to do then watch your girlfriend.

*edit*
    You get that light fixed yet?

11. If you had nothing on you then you were in no way in a bad situation. I was in a bad situation when I got pulled over with an ounce of buds, just finished a 40 that was in my passenger seat and had a bunch of other illegal shit under my seat that could have locked me up for years.that's a bad situation..

All you have to do is deny deny deny. No officer I wasn't around weed idk what your talking about. If he searched your car he wouldn't find anything so your good. "I said yes but didn't admit to anything" sounds like you admitted it to me.

But no you should have no reason to worry. Cops have better things to do then go after girls smoking dimebags.

12. Do they?

13. Naw your right. Op you fucked your girlfriend. Metaphorically

14. Your a fucking idiot. Never tell a cop anything. None of that bs pertains to the traffic stop so why freely give this guy all that information. And then just rating the fuck out on your gf the first chance you get is a truly bitch move. Also no matter what always refuse a search. Especially if you have nothing in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. They're going to raid her house with a SWAT team and every local news channel sometime in the next week.

16. Well played.

You're kinda a douchebag for ratting out your girlfriend, let alone telling him where she lives. You had nothing on you and could've easily denied the fact that it smelled like marijuana in your car. In other words, don't rat on people, especially the people whom you're in such an intimate relationship with, if anything it just gives you bad karma my friend. 

I'd let her know that you told the cops about this simply due to the fact that it was an asshole thing to do, that way she can make an evaluated decision as to what to do with you. 

18. You're fine bro. Honestly if you know you're clean...don't let them dick you around. Keep refusing and tell them to bring a fucking Canine if they really want to waste their time with a petty possession charge that they won't get.

Don't be nice. don't be agreeable. that's my motto unless you actually can get fucked.