Pulled over and searched. HELP

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Matt27272, Mar 15, 2011.

1. #1 Matt27272, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011
    My roommate was in a city over from where we live today at his parents house, and he was going to grab some bud, so I texted him and asked him to grab me some too and I would pay him back when he got home. He's a somewhat new smoker, and this is his 2nd or 3rd time buying bud by himself and transporting it, etc. Apparently he got pulled over on his way back home for having a plastic cover over his license plate. This is where things get interesting.

As soon as he saw the lights turn on, he turned around, reached in his bookbag, took out his weed, tried to shove as much as he could into a pill bottle, and then he threw it all back in his bookbag before the cop got out of his car. I have no idea what he was thinking, but he obviously let the smell out of the bag big time. Also, he had a half ounce of two different strains of some dank stuff.

So the cop walks up, asks him if he knows why he pulled him over, blah blah blah. He said no and the cop told him about his license plate. He immediately then asked if he had marijuana in the car. My friend said no, and the cop asked to search, and he told him no. The cop called in the canine unit and the dog found the weed in the pill bottle and in the bag (no surprise). My friend then got a court date and then the cops asked him repeatedly who sold him the bud but he wouldn't tell them anything. They told him he could get his license suspended unless he told them who he got the weed from.

So my question is, does anyone know if this is true? I'm almost positive that they are bluffing because I live in Ohio, and NORML says that anything under 100g is a misdemeanor with a $150 max ticket. He's 19, almost 20. What should he do? He doesn't want to tell his parents because they have no idea he smokes at all.

2. He shoulda just shoved it all under his junk.

And tell your buddy to say he doesn't know, some random guy on the street.

3. lol yes the police are bluffing.

if they ask where he got it from keep his mouth shut/say he got it from a guy in the city. just walking and a hobo asked him if he wanted to buy some.

but really just keep his mouth shut. plead the 5th till the day i die lol:)

4. Never snitch.

5. He should be fine, first time offender?

6. they asked me too, and i said a party. no more questions after that.

7. Here in good ole Florida my bestfriend just lost his license for 2 years because he wouldn't snitch.

Anyone around NE Florida, Nassau cops are dirty.. real dirty.

8. The fifth amendment is your friend's friend.

To answer your question, your friend does not face any more consequences if he does not tell the LEOs where he bought the bud. He's already pinched, so his best bet is to sit tight and stay silent.

9. I know that they're really dirty but I call bullshit. They can't do anything if you dont say anything. He was most likely punished for whatever he got pulled over.

Op, tell him these pigs are bsin and can't do shit.

10. Lol.
    Call bullshit homie.

They planted a little blue dime bag of reggie on him to try to get him to talk because this guy "had information." We know who snitched..

He wouldnt talk.

Bam, they hit him with his 2nd possession charge and 2 years suspended license. Not bullshit.

If you seen my post about it some months back they arrested him over shake on the floorboard. This time it was over like half a gram of some old ass reggie he said.

He dont even fuck with the blue bags, never has.

Nothing bullshit about it besides the cops and how we cant do anything about it.

It's how it works homie.

11. ^^^^ This happened to me a few years ago except cops planted a bag of stems and a few seeds in my car. Asked me and my homie about it (While in the back of a cop car) and was like WTF that come from. Since neither of us immediately confessed to the stems and seeds we both got charged for it.

Most cops do what they want outside of the court room and it sucks but we still have rights. Your friend should just say he bought from a random guy. And, on my first charge for possession they only made me go to a 2 or 3 hour drug class.

I wish your friend the best of luck.

12. I was in the same situation, and I just told them I got it from a friend of a friend. They didn't ask anything else... your friend should be fine if this is his first offense, I just had to do community service hours, and see a probo once a month. I never even got drug tested.

13. I'm from delaware and you can lose your license for 2 years for a minor possession even if your not in a car. You can lose it for 3 if charged with pwid(with intent to deliver)... I lost my license for a few year...

14. Was this under or over 18 years old? I could've sworn that the law here was that under a certain amount of possession of marijuana only, it's just a ticket.

15. Snitching wont help. Ever.

16. Over 18, and I'm in Florida so its considered a misdemeanor under a certain amount.
    I had all charges wiped after doing my hours and whatnot.

17. pretty sure you can't get your license suspended for possession of marijuana..maybe if he was charged with driving under the influence of a drug (or narcotic, or marijuana, whatever that charge is formally called)

18. You should look up Texas's Norml... then compare what trouble hes in right now, and what it could be if you guys were in Texas... Night and day.

19. The more people talk in these situations usually just means the more there fucked. Best just keep your mouth shut and take the charges that are givin.

20. Wow, those laws are ridiculous. I don't think I would even risk smoking in Texas if I lived there. First time offense with posession and you can get 180 days in jail with mandatory drug treatment and $1000+ fines? No way.