Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. Hey all. I am way new to the world of weed. A few years back, I was involved in a horrible incident. Without getting into details, I just wanted to say that weed is allowing me to function in daily life without fixating on the traumatic event (s). I have been diagnosed with PTSD and although some meds seem to assist, MJ has been the only thing thus far that keeps me from fixating and ending up in full panic attacks.

I'd be interested to hear from others with PTSD. Which strains are the best for you?!?!

2. I myself do not have PTSD but have done a lot of research about PTSD and Marijuana for a friend of mine, who does infact have PTSD. In case you haven't heard this i will leave this little tidbit about which strains are most beneficial for someone with PTSD. Indicas are considered to be the best for PTSD because of the commonly associated symptom of insomnia and trouble sleeping. Unlike people suffering from gastrointestinal or chronic pain and inflammation who need higher levels of CBD in comparison to THC, people suffering from PTSD need higher levels of THC than CBD. THC known for its psycho-active properties is mainly what helps PTSD users. So, basically 100% indica strains with higher THC ratio to CBD will be the most beneficial.

3. I find that during the day I need a Sativa to get me up and going, otherwise I just want to watch TV or surf. Hard to leave the house without MMJ. At night a Indica helps me sleep. Since I began using MMJ I have stopped one synthetic med that was causing significant side effects.

4. Strain might not matter so much in this case, but any indica sounds good

5. Strain absolutely matters as each strain has specific genetics (which is what separates 1 strain from another...). Including different ratios of CBD CBN and THC.

6. Be sure to avoid or just be slow with any sativa dominants like sour diesel. Somtimes they just make my mind go to those places i wasnt expecting, like a flash back or, memories that you maybe dont want all rubbed in your face when your tryin to chill and watch a video. I dont get panick attacks but i can see how some strains cause them. Have you had any bad experiences yet with strains? I had a few, never with strong indica strains though like grandaddypurple

7. Wow. Love all the replies. In response to hurb1's question. So far I haven't had anything real negative. One batch was a little spooky (super paranoid), but it only lasted for a few minutes then it was an awesome body and head buzz. Made me chatty. I have no idea what I've smoked thus far. Whatever I can find to buy. Not a lot of options here, which is why I've decided to try to be self sufficient and grow a couple plants a year for myself.