Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Psychologist Talking BS!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hxrguitar, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Saying that a joint is equal to any number of cigarettes is a horrendously vague statement.

In what way is it comparable? Tar levels? Smoke inhalation? Some other equally arbitrary measurement?

2. BaD Radio - Contact - Grubes go down to the leprechaun song

3. I can't find the fucking study right now. Really, I looked for 30 minutes, sorry.

4. Well, here's my thing with the cigarette argument altogether:

There has never been a recorded case of a cannabis only smoker contracting brown lung, lung cancer, or emphysema.

Maybe there's three times as much tar inhaled from a joint, but when you compare the volume of cigarettes smoked to the number of joints smoked, that comparison becomes more than a little arbitrary. And the tar issue is mitigated by use of a pipe, and even moreso by bubblers and bongs.

5. Oh I completely understand it and I mentioned that in my post as well. I'm just pointing out he's right even though it's only half the truth and bias, he is right.

6. how can you blame him though?
    you can't expect him to preach about marijuana and encourage you to smoke it if it's illegal and the government's propaganda is the "legit" information available to him to really get informed from..
    Who would he really trust? A government study or some hospital claiming weed COULD be less dangerous than alcohol.

7. None of my psych professors would ever say anything along those lines though, because they know exactly what happens the mechanism behind the drug, what it causes, reasons why individuals like using it, I could go on. Why would you lie about it?

It doesn't even matter what area you specialize or focus on you should at least know that at a bachelor level so I don't understand why a person with a masters would go around spreading lies.

Eh but everyone should understand how to make their own educated opinions as well, even if the speaker is going to bias things on their beliefs.

8. That's because it doesn't exist. I'm not trying to be a dick, you maybe remember some other study or something. That's a claim the man has been making since I was a little kid and there's just no basis for it. At various times in my life I've smoked just weed, just tobacco, and both. Tobacco fucks you up, period.

Weed does affect your lungs. You are inhaling the products of combustion, and that's never good for you. But weed does not have the nicotine or any of the other stuff that kills you in cigarettes.

Also, those that smoke tobacco tend to smoke a LOT more of it than weed. Just picture a pack of Camel bareasses, and picture a similar quantity of weed. Most everyone who smokes smokes at least a pack a day, most folks who smoke weed don't smoke anywhere near that volume in a day by themselves. Yes, I know some people do, but most don't.

Like a poster above said, there's no record of anyone getting lung cancer, emphasyma or any other disease from just weed. It's establishment propaganda.

9. When don't they?
    ;)

10. If you're making an earnest attempt to get back into your school, I wouldn't take any steps to piss the psychologist off. Sooner or later, you won't ever have to deal with that psychologist again, but you do now. Some people and situations are worth fighting, but this drone isn't one of them.

One day you'll be able to look at them and laugh, because they won't have any power over you anymore. You can tell them whatever you want, because you'll have transcended their miserable, meaningless conditions anyway. And then, when they're 6 feet under the ground and you're the one in the position of power, maybe you'll go about and change things for the better.

11. Pretty similar what happened to me a few years back. I had still been smoking for a while though. I had a "anti-drug" seminar at college where the guy basically lied for 15 minutes strait. I was doing a thesis on medicinal weed, so I got up, pulled out all my study notes and a book I had on it, and challenged him to a debate. By the end of it, almost the entire lecture hall was on my side. One of the best days of my school years.

12. go online, do research, print it out, and be like, um, so what about these studies by REAL docters for a number of years? idk if he can fail you for just having your own opinion, be careful just incase though :smoking: if it was me i'd fight him at every turn, but then again idc if i fail or not because i hated HS

13. Don't listen to anyone who told you to challenge him in front of the class.

Just sit there, act like you are paying attention, act like you believe everything he is saying, get a passing mark so you can get the fuck out of there, and go back to enjoying marijuana.

No reason to try and be combative and end up being stuck in there for longer than you need to. You know he is full of shit, we know he is full of shit. You shouldn't care or worry yourself with it, chances are he will just be harder on you in the long run, or recommend you are not ready to leave the class because he hasn't shown you 'the truth' yet (or brainwashed you, as I would call it).

I am in a similar situation, I have to go to 3 -6 months of outpatient for growing marijuana.

14. Tell him that unless he is willing to provide factual evidence (he's got his fucking PhD, he should know how to "research" by now) backing up these claims, then you see no option but to report him to the school board for teaching outright lies and he should be removed from the classroom for lack of following any sort of ethics code when it comes to teaching the facts in a non-biased way, which is what SHOULD be going on in the classrooms today REGARDLESS OF TOPIC.

THAT my friend is what you should say, and do. And if he wants to continue his tirade, then I would suggest he realize that several thousand Doctors are in fact in agreement that marijuana does have medicinal benefit, as evidenced by the ever-growing list of states that are approved to dispense it for that purpose.

"same effect as crack"...Give me a fucking break. I'd like to put HIS ass in a room with a stoner and a crack addict and see which one he wants to still be around 8 hours later.

15. Sigh...Unfortunately, regardless of what my other post said, this is probably the logical choice that will get you through this bullshit program the quickest.

I just fucking can't stand it when they continue to teach outright lies in the classroom, and it doesn't matter what the topic is. It's unethical and downright wrong.

16. When will they learn that drug "education" will not change our minds.

17. Upon reading this I doubt that person has any degree at all.
    He was probably hired off the street.

18. If youve seen How High Tell him "go take the THC then come back mother fucker" Haha

19. a new dr (psychologist) i started seeing said he thinks I shold stop smoking for 1-3 months - I'm supposed to see him again tomorrow and I've been blazing since last Friday when I saw him - A few weeks ago I scheduled about 3 appts... I don't even want to go see this guy I can see that not smoking pot may be a beneficial thing for me right now seeing I blazed thorugh the whole semester but now that it's one week from being over I don't want to say "heh - guess I'll take the summer off from smoking" - I'm a relatively newb smoker in a sense that I picked it back up/fell back into it last year August after 5+ years of being sober

Right now I'm doing everything backwards and I am tokin' right now to take the edge off

20. You're right. All of that is complete and utter bullshit. But just get through the program. Pretend that you believe him and say that you'll change. The faster you get through this and get back to normal life, the better.