Psychiatrist

Discussion in 'General' started by leanpocket, Nov 15, 2008.

1. I have been on probation for a while, and the court ordered I see a Psychiatrist to help me while on probation. I have been going to him and yesterday was our last meeting since I get off probation in 4 days. So basically I have told him about my life and my care for people which is very little. And he came up with the conclusion that since I have Indian, Japanese, and German blood in me, it makes me a mix of the most hot tempered people. What is everyone's opinion on what he said about how my heritage contributes to my hot temper?

2. I think that is a prejudicial opinion. That conclusion cannot be supported by research. Your doc is a quack.

3. I really hope so, because I have always seen myself as a peaceful happy person ya know, but I'm only human I lose my temper just as much as anyone else.

4. Research does show that happier people tend to have better control over their reactions to negative emotions.

We all get angry, feel hurt, or are sometimes afraid. It has been found that people who practice restraint in response to these emotions have longer more satisfying relationships.

I'm no doc so take it for what it's worth. Just some material covered in psych II this semester.

Peace

5. he is a quack

6. Nature VS Nurture my friend.

Is it really in those racial genes to be hot tempered?

Or is it just the environment and culture they live in, that created such a stereotype?

I say he has had no reason to call you hotheaded, especially if oyu feel oyu are a down to earth, peaceful dude.