Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Psychedelic weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JoMommaNoid, Dec 12, 2010.

1. So this is just something I heard about a while back.
    I believe it's largely sativa varieties that would be able to wear this lable.
    Here in Australia, I don't even know if we GET any sativas...I'm certain most of what I come across when purchasing is indicas...obvious reasons why, I'd say is that they yield more and have a greater body effect (could be wrong).
    Now, I've had weed that's fucked me right up before and it's been damn near impossible to have a cohesive thought without drifting into something else...I've had edibles that have repeatedly made me "too high", but I have never once had anything I would consider to be weed with a psychedelic effect.

Can anybody tell me a little about these, what they're like, and perhaps suggest a strain?

2. I often have what I would consider psychedelic experiences with weed.
    Usually it is only when I'm extremely high, I have mild visual hallucinations (open-eye) and strong audio hallucinations (hearing music that's not there usually).
    I've experienced this with purple kush and more recently hash plant. I'm not sure if it's based on the weed or the person, some of my friends say they have never hallucinated audio or visual and some do all the time :S

3. theyre cerebral and often racy

4. Green Crack and White Russian were good for those crazy mindfucks, in my experience. I can't even recall all the sativas I've smoked, but I do believe I prefer them to indicas.

It's hard to describe the effects accurately, so you'll need to smoke them to know, obviously. I'm sure you'll stumble acrosss one soon enough... someone's gotta grow it sometime, I think. I hope you do, man.

5. most bud you come across are hybrids, it's really hard to come across a sativa dominant strain, even then it's probably 80 percent sativa and 20 percent indica, i am a fan of sativa, i'm not a fan of the body stone indica gives me, i get huge couchlock if i smoke anything that is indica

The thing about indica is it's easier to grow and you can make profit on it

6. Of course bud is a psychedelic. A relatively mild one, but a psychedelic nonetheless.

7. Weed is psychoactive if you want a psychedelic experience you just need to eat home made edibles on a low tolerance

8. this or take a fat bong rip to the head.

edibles can be ehhh for noobs tho cause if they eat a real strong one theyll be overly stoned for overly long.

9. WHL - Thanks for the strain suggestions, this is really what I was after.
    I wouldn't mind low yield for a really different experience.
    So the predominately sativa ones are a bit more head high/trippy?
    Are the ones you mentioned easy enough to obtain from seed banks?

10. If you get a potent sativa(green crack is my fav)take like 4 or 5 bowls to the head.shit'll be weird as fuck,especially if you take a t-break before hand,you'll be blown away.

11. This type of experience typically isn't what you would call a psychedelic trip, rather it is just a radically different state of mind. There aren't any flying dragons or mystic valleys that you see, rather it is like an extremely interesting movie that you are watching. You make things up in your mind, but you don't really grasp them, you are just along for the ride. Hard to explain. But I get what you mean by psychedelic, because I have had these effects many times before, and they are often beyond my mental grasp. As always, it would be best just to get super baked off a good strain and see where it takes you.

12. all weed is psychedelic

get green crack, lsd, romulan. these will all induce a sleepy ass state with definite hallucinations though they mostly tend to be auditory - do not expect to see bugs bunny pogo sticking over the hill

13. [quote name='"TeHNeutral"']all weed is psychedelic

get green crack, lsd, romulan. these will all induce a sleepy ass state with definite hallucinations though they mostly tend to be auditory - do not expect to see bugs bunny pogo sticking over the hill[/quote] :|.......

14. you do realise hearing bumps in the night and seeing a shadow run across the street is a hallucination right?

it's not going to be a full blown trip or anything but weed IS a psychoactive substance

unless you're wtfing at me saying buy some LSD
    i meant the strain

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-strains/lsd.html

15. Yeah I've had mild effects other than the normal high. 2d TVs seeming 3d is the coolest one I experience.

I heard something about people using a cleansing agent on weed that makes it highly hallucinogenic. Not gonna give names of it because from what I heard its kinda bad for you so yeah...