Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Psoriatic arthritis.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Antlion21, May 20, 2010.

1. #1 Antlion21, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
    I live in a non MMJ state, but i was wondering if anyone here at GC has their card due to Psoriatic arthritis? I have it (psoriatic arthritis) and it sucks ass, i take Humira injections for it and it helps greatly but not totally for inflamation pain, and sore joints etc.

If anyone has any info or personal experience id love to hear about it.:)

2. Hey Antlion21,

I have dealt with some sort of seronegative spondyloarthropathy for the last 15 years. First I was diagnosed as having reactive, then undifferentiated (uSpA), and now psoriatic. And yes I agree that it sucks ass.

In the past I have been on sulfasalazine, methotrexate, various nsaids and Enbrel.

After a bout of Strep that almost killed me while I was taking Enbrel - I backed off on the immune suppression. For the last three years I have managed with 1000mg of etodolac and 10mg of hydrocodone daily (and various creams for my plaques).

After moving to CO in January, I was able to get a Dr's rec based on severe pain.

3. I have Psoriatic Arthritis and my Dr brought up MMJ, I have tried about every pain med out there and it does not successfully help with my pain. I have also tried enbrel, humira, methotrexate and a bunch of others, I am now on orecia but am battling a bout of thrush right now so I had to stop taking the orencia infusions until it is gone. My Dr however can not write the recommendation (kaiser) and he suggested I find another Dr to write the recommendation for me. So I am in the process of getting my medical records and contacting someone who can write it.

I think it all depends on where you live and what the list of allowable conditions are.

Psoriatic Arthritis does suck, I went from doing OK to using a walker within a years time, I would not wish this on anyone....

4. That really sucks about your mobility issues bojos.

So far I only have serious pain/inflammatory problems with
    Enthesitis in my spine, pubic symphysis / pelvic region, sternum, and front / back ribs. My rheumatologist is unable to predict when or if it will progress to my other joints.

He also could not (under the hospital policy) recommend mmj - so I had to take my records to another Dr. who did.

I'm not really certain how much the mmj is helping me.

I have found that I can use a near 100% Indica at night to replace a Vicodin and a Lunesta. But I still have set my alarm 45 min early in the morning to take a Vic and my NSAID - just to get out of bed.

Sativas, even as low as a 30/70 hybrid seem to make my pain worse.

What have you found to help in terms of mmj?

5. This is all great information guys thank you for responding.:hello:

6. I am doing better with the mobility, except my feet are starting to hurt.

I know it has helped me, I have only tried a few strains since starting and right now I have some orange kush that is really helping a lot, I don't know what the others were. One of them was supposed to be "pineapple" but who knows, it also helped but made me sleepier then the orange kush.

Man, enthesitis sucks big time, I have it around my knees and elbows and in my sternum.

7. Your welcome!