PS4 or XBO

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by aceburn, Jan 21, 2014.

1. #41 Vicious, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    Because it's a fucking pain. Just because you have never had issues doesn't mean it's not a shitty feature. I can't tell you how many time's I have recorded something to have it botched from the Kinect picking bullshit up.

I was going to avoid this thread because all the undeniable hardware and bechmark facts that show that the X1 is shit but somehow people think 30FPS at 720fuckingP is next gen. Console devotes are retarded.

Edit: Oh shit I forgot, don't forget to miss the "HOLY BALLS" level of speed with NEXT GEN USB 3.0! Be amazed, but don't worry about 4k resolution, multidisplay 3D gaming or OculusRft cause you're never getting it.

Ok dude, we get that you're the PC master race guy. Let's make a new rule: You don't post in anymore threads about consoles from now on.

3. #43 Vicious, Jan 23, 2014
    Actually I advocate the PS4 and WiiU. I recommend one to every person in this thread.

I have every right to say Kinect and Voice recognition is bullshit and that 720p, AT 30 FUCKING FPS, is not next gen.

If someone wants to buy an Xbone for the sake of a product name, they want to play with their friends or are just flat out ignorant; fine by me. When people try to push the Xbone as a true next gen console and recommend it as such they deserve to be corrected. The response is always the same "It's good enough for me", "I don't need x", "you're eyes can't tell the difference anyways", it's an apologetic response and turning a blind eye to your pet product's short comings.

4. I feel it's too early for this shit. None has many games out, and both are still ironing out the wrinkles in their console.

But I'm leaning more towards the ps4. I feel it'll have more badass games like The Last of Us. Gears of War is done, and I didn't hear so much about Halo 4 like I did Halo 3. I feel that XBO wont have many great games right now.

If sony throws in Backwards Compatibility in a future console, then Microsoft is done!

5. #45 Vicious, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    It's not too early. The hardware is shit.

The PS4 runs at under 2ghz but it's good because it doesn't partition resources to background botnet processes.

6. I heard for the best gaming experience, a PC and Nintendo console is the way to go, do you agree?

I haven't played nintendo games since the Gamecube, so I have no idea how they're games are now.

7. I meant about the games. The hardware is better on the ps4 (so they say), but no console has enough games out to pick a side.

8. #48 Vicious, Jan 23, 2014
    The WiiU has MAJOR short comings and Nintendo is being hit hard because of it. I'm worried it will loose a lot of it's good 3rd party games. To top it off Nintendo has been just as guilty with their rehashes as recent western companies. Super Mario World 3D (iirc) was 10/10, since then they have been copy-paste casual games. People have mixed feelings about the new Zelda as well. But yes, I will still be getting a WiiU regardless. I enjoy their exclusives. I will however be getting a PS4 first. I import a lot of my games and their regionfree exclusives keep me coming back. I have a strong enough PC to play what I want how I want or emulate it otherwise. It's future proof. There is no reason to spend $100 more on a worse system when you can get a PS4 or entry level PC/Steambox.

I get all of the XB1 exclusives and the 1000's of PC exclusives. Games I don't have often get a port or are some japanese shit I have on PS3/4 anyways.

You caught me before I could edit. I wasn't knocking the PS4's hardware. Especially since it's AMD built. I'm a Nvidia fanboy but I'm very interested in how they're using their APU and Mantle core.

9. Vicious is MAADD lolSent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Not at all, just trying to be a voice of reason when people are recommending shitty hardware and spreading misinformation. I don't get "mad" on forums. You don't see me attacking people directly because of what they say, I just attack what is said. It's nothing personal.

11. I have both.  I use my Xbox One a lot more than my ps4 at the moment.  I mean for all the video apps Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Instant Vids..  My GF prefers the Xbox One as well.  Its on right now actually.  Playing Caprica in the background through AIV.  The Playstation has a couple games just like the Xbox..  Both are meh right now in terms of games..

I love the voice command.  Imagine your hands are occupied or dirty, or you can't find your controller under all the blankets or seat cushions.   I just say "xbox pause" as I leave the room.  It has never failed on me yet.  But I don't stutter or have any sort of accent to muddle it up.

Sony has voice commands as well, at the moment they are more basic.  But still good enough for now.  Its still to early to say who is going to dominate what.  I use my Xbox for media consumption and my PS4 for games.  But no realy games are coming out till a few months from now.  I look forward to Titanfall next.

12. [quote name="IIIQBIII" post="19399252" timestamp="1390592757"]I have both. I use my Xbox One a lot more than my ps4 at the moment. I mean for all the video apps Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Instant Vids.. My GF prefers the Xbox One as well. Its on right now actually. Playing Caprica in the background through AIV. The Playstation has a couple games just like the Xbox.. Both are meh right now in terms of games..I love the voice command. Imagine your hands are occupied or dirty, or you can't find your controller under all the blankets or seat cushions. I just say "xbox pause" as I leave the room. It has never failed on me yet. But I don't stutter or have any sort of accent to muddle it up.Sony has voice commands as well, at the moment they are more basic. But still good enough for now. Its still to early to say who is going to dominate what. I use my Xbox for media consumption and my PS4 for games. But no realy games are coming out till a few months from now. I look forward to Titanfall next.[/quote]I love the voice commands.Earlier i was playing BF4 and got the munchies so i went and got some food. As im coming back into the room, i say "Xbox watch TV" (cant eat and play bf4 :( ), half way through my food, while my hands are dirty, my controller turns off, making the voices of the people im in a party with come thru my TV real loud. With a mouthful of food, i mumble "Xbox snap party, turn off party chat" and it does just that. After cleaning up after my snack, as im walking back into the room, I say "Xbox go to Battlefield 4... snap party... turn on party chat" by now my controller is turned back on and i am automatically sent a BF4 game invite to the game my party is in, i quickly accept and i am back in the action!Felt pretty next gen, not gonna lie.Sent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Xbox is designed to record everything in your house. The nsa scandel was swept under the rug... how quickly people forgot...

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Pc ppl are the perfect people to be in here. Because the know what their talkin about . Compared to someone who buy something because of a name on it.

15. Voice commands are a joke, and sloppy seconds from the 360 kinect.
    I'd take a 360 Elite w/ Kinect for $300 over xbo anyday.
    Voice commands will only be useful ingame.. like COD:BO3 say "PS4, switch class to 2" or it would be cool to set the voice command options and you type in a word for a hotkey to perform an ingame command when you say it.

16. [quote name="Giordano Bruno" post="19403485" timestamp="1390647499"]Voice commands will only be useful ingame.. like COD:BO3 say "PS4, switch class to 2" or it would be cool to set the voice command options and you type in a word for a hotkey to perform an ingame command when you say it.[/quote]So youre saying voice commands are only useful if theyre on the PS4?What you just described is exactly how voice commands work in game on the xbox one, plus more.If im playing BF4 and im low on ammo, i just say "Need ammo" (theres a couple variations to every voice command actually) and my guy in game shouts "I need some fuckin ammo over here!" So nearby teammates can hear it, as well as giving them a visual marker on me.Something cool happens in game and i just say "Xbox record that" and it saves the last 30seconds of gameplay so i can watch, edit, and upload it later, all without interrupting my game in any way what so ever.I wanna invite a friend to the game quickly without jumping through menus? "Xbox go to friends... Friend 2... Invite to party... Go to Battlefield 4" and im back in the game.So youre saying all of this would be useful only if it was on rhe PS4 and not on the Xbox One?Man you PS4 fanboys are funny.Sent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. You can get a pc for the same price as an xbox one and it will blow away a ps4 and xbox one.

18. Here's some unbiased info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHogNolObqk

19. I don't know how many times you and I are going to post the exact same post, lmao.

20. that's very minimal to the voice commands I was trying to explain.
    also, I was just giving PS4 as an example. I don't own neither. So I'm unbiased.
    Your an auto assumer of me being a 'PS4 fanboy' Man.. when was the last time someone could have an opinion about a subject without being assumed a 'fanboy' of it?