Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Pruning

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dreadlyfe, Jul 30, 2019.

1. This is my first grow need to know if I should prune or not and if so what should I be looking to cut off. 20190725_131524.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looks pretty good, for indoor it wouldnt really hurt to tuck some fans or remove some bigger ones to let light hit the growth and thru. Best done a week before flip.

Some people have great end whether they defoliate or not:)

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. What do you mean by tucking

4. Well sometimes people will merely tuck a fan leaf under a branch, only if that fan leaf is blocking the light from hitting new growth.

Everybody trains plants differently, check out growweedeasy.com

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Why two threads?

6. For some reason that picture didn't go in the first one

7. Only remove growth when the plant has multiple layers of foliage stacked and the lower ones are being shadowed by the upper too much. Instead of removing the top more healthy leaves I remove the bottom leaves and growth in the shadows. It's called lollipopping. I see pretty good light penetration there. Let it grow. Pruning/defoliation should be for when it gets too thick. That thing is too youg to worry about that yet.

For example my lower leaves in my flower tent clearly need to go for about another 3-4 inches. They're in shadows. I might find the time to get in there tonight.
    IMG_1207.JPG

8. How long do you recommend leaving your plant in Veggie stage

9. How long do you recommend leaving your plant in Veggie

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. What size is your grow space? How big of a plant do you want?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. My grow tent is 2 by 2 by 4. And I'm trying to get the most yield possible. I don't know what strand I have because I'm growing from bagseed. It's been growing for over 50 days now and I just recently put it into flower. But I'm asking for my next grow.