Pruning w/LST vs Leaving it alone (controlled experiment)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DierWolf, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Anything new dier?

2. As long as someone asks i will update..

Here is updated pics.

Both are now in 10 inch pots, both with same soil mixture and same with same feeding schedule.

And as usual, LST with pruning is much better than the leave it alone, The lst actually should be bigger but keeping with what i said in the beginning i am treating them both the same and keeping them in same sized pots, roots are already out on the LST/Pruning plant but i will let it stay in there until i see the same on the leave it alone, yes it stunts my LST/Pruning plant, but hey dont want no damn excuses saying i am treating one better than the other by putting it in bigger pot.

here is the 2 pics.

Attached Files:

3. I already knew it was gonna turn out like this... I did it about 2 months back.... Watched them grow side by side.... I Do LST on all and prune a leaf if i feel i need to...

4. what light are they under?

5. They are right now under one of my four 1000w MH lights thats 3 feet from the tops

6. I don't think that's the best way to run the experiment. If the LST is ready for a bigger pot, then put them BOTH in a bigger pot. Continue to give them the same waterings, etc.; but, don't intentionally stunt one just because the other can't keep up. That defeats the entire purpose of this experiment.

7. He defeated it when he used 2 seedlings instead of using clones from the same mother..

8. yeah, and the more healthy/larger seedling was given to the leave it alone method.

Either way i dont care, i just continue as i have been going, all i know is i have one useless plant just like you guys feel you have a useless plant when trying the technique.

Keeping the LST / Prune in a a pot not ment for it because its ready for a larger pot just adds to the Upper hand i gave the leave it alone method from the beginning, but no matter how much more attention i give the leave it alone method, it will not be good enough for these guys, they will always come back to the "OH he started with 2 seeds instead of clones"

Maybe i should keep the lst/prune under flourescents to give the other a chance to maybe catch up, in the end it will still yield no where near the other one.

9. look nice dier....cant wait to start my own, but im going on vacation for 3 weeks so i have to start after that :mad: oh well.....btw im a believer of ur theory's...kinda lame how uve proven it before already...and other ppl have done it and it works but THC continues to criticize u....u guys always arguing lol, oh well not really my business i guess....anyways niceplants...peace out

10. dier turned me onto lst at the beginning of my grow,

i must confess my lst plant,, [ untopped, unpruned] is doing fine,,, in full flower,,, and is the best looking plant i have, lst is on my agenda for my next grow, this man knows his shit on the lst question,,,,

wanna see results of his advice,,, check out my grow, its all there...

by the way hey dier!!!!!! just checking in.

11. Update, put the LST'd Pruned plant into Flower Yesterday May 19th, The other untouched plant i am just going to keep as a mother, as its really no point in flowering it.

Will post pics midway of the lst'd plant, which is now in a 25 gallon pot :) As usual :)

12. Dier, i think that you should have just finished the experiment. I mean you are just giving up because YOU know that it will yeild way better. But you should finish it just to prove it will yeild better for those who do not believe.
    Up4anything, i think that that would be a great way to do it, as well as starting from clones. Maybe if Dier has really given up someone else could try the experiment using those guidlines?

13. Dier, a novel thought: I think you should do it whatever way you want! They are your plants not ours. The comments from the Peanut Gallery only speak to the deep attention everyone here gives to your opinion.

Perhaps giving them both the bigger pots would have been the better way to see just how much better the LST would have done. But if the goal was not to see how much better just which way is better, then limiting the LST at every turn and having it still win speaks volumes.

Let the other be a mother, you have taught us a lot.

14. There are 2 other plants supergirls that i didnt touch flowering as well, they were all the same size at the end so really doesnt matter...

Im not trying to prove anything, just doing my thing, really dont feel like arguing over what works and what doesnt work anymore... I know what i yeild with my technique and thats all that matters to me. At best the leave it alones are good for mothers thats about it.

In addition never growing the Supergirl before and not knowing how it yeilds/smokes i dont want to waste too much energy on them. so will see how these 2 turn out, if its keeper strain i'll go crazy on the 20 clones i took.

15. Stop bugging Dier!

Ofcourse this is not a 'totally' controlled expirement.

Seeds or no seeds doesn't make a difference.
    Even with clones you will have differences because whatever part of the plant you cut off will be unique. Ever heard of RNA?

So you don't like Dier because you don't like what he says.
    He says LST works great for him.
    You think/know from your own experience LST doesn't pay off.

Maybe your LST technique is just crappy in comparison to Diers.
    Maybe the tools you use for LST are flawed.
    Maybe your bad vibes petrify the plant which makes it pee its roots.

At least Dier 'documents' his 'experiments' and publishes it for us to compare with.
    You do not seem to offer anything constructive!

:hello: HAIL DIER! :hello: More experiments please!

16. nice plant...that LST method looks like the way to go using a scrog
    did you say you were going to make a seed plant a mother before you tasted the final product?ive done that before...once

17. Yes made one a mother, the others are flowering... final product should be fine, if not big deal, i have many other plants/clones that i know are perfect smoke.

18. do you think it would be feasible to LST plants in a SOG in an attempt to get 2-3 colas per plant instead of 1? i may have seen this in a few pics but i'm not sure if thats what they did

19. excellent grow.....btw is the lst/pruned one done yet? if so what did it yield?.....peace out

20. why are their no pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!