Pruning my mom!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Targis, Jan 6, 2013.

1. I hope someone can help me with my girl. This momma had previously enter flowering for a brief period but I brought it in and stopped it. It has been providing some nice clones but it needs serious attention there is a lot of growth down low. So much in fact it's hard to see the stalk. I'd like to prune it but being a noob I'm afraid to kill it. How much can I prune low down. All of it or none of it

Attached Files:

2. If you want. just chop that bitch like 4 inches above the soil. It will be fine.

3. and cut my source of clones for a few months...if it lives..??:eek:

4. Cut it at the line, you still have all of the stuff inside the circle to work with.

Attached Files:

5. Then just get in there and thin out the rest till you're happy. Weed is resilient as shit, you'd have to TRY to kill it.

6. Ya think I could clone that hunk Id be cutting off??

7. Perhaps, it's a pretty thick stem tho. It'd take a lot of time and humidity for sure.

8. Alternatively, you could just trim to the stem everything below the line, and leave the top and circled side.

9. Couldnt you LST her until she gets better limbs?...just a thought.

10. Not sure what LST means but I ended up cleaning the bottom branches about 6" up. I also ended up sending her to flower. I have her clones for the future so I hope all is good..
    :hello: