Pruning advice

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Bobkjun, Jun 27, 2021.

1. I topped some Bruce Banner into a 2 node mainline (at least I think that's what I did). Anyway my hope is to train it down the fence in the shape of a candelabra but it appears too bushy and I'm not sure if I should prune it or not.
    Any help appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Pruning is the hardest part to me of the long outdoor game. Waiting between prunes, doing thinning of potential news, and taking cores down to keep thin. Timing it so you still keep it growing well to boot.
    If you want more side ways growth, thin the stuff in the middle, choose your new mains your training, I'm guessing it's those side growers.
    I wait ten days to two weeks between branch removal or toppings, however that shortens as the season progresses and it gets used to site removal. Also I don't top come closer to bloom, last topping I do would be around mid July, however I don't like topping, I'd rather grow it correctly to start, just taking sides I don't want and leaving splits I do.
    I don't remove more than three big sections off each main at a time, working bottom to top.
    Planning which I don't want as to remove them early as possible.
    If your just pulling sites before they push off a branch, I do up to 11 on the branch, but those are nothing's, versus something I might need shears or a blade for.
    Strain type also definitely influences how easy this is as well.
    Think something like the purple punch might do well as a fence training crop vs more dense like this wedding cake might not fill out as well into a wall. Just examples, how a strain can make it easy vs not.
    Hope any of this helps...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Keep it tied down