High all and welcome to my "switching gears" thread. I rebuilt my grow and expanded a little, so the things are different from what I've been doing before. For starters there is more room Tight closet squeeze has been frustrating me for a while, so I'm super happy with improvements. It is an unfinished process yet, so I apologize for a background mess and "Pampers" boxes (storage), but I figured I better start a journal now, and fine-tune the journal and pics in a process. For those who are new to mi casa I grow marijuana for a few last years, started with the FoxFarm OceanForrest soil and bottled nutrients, but got tired of calibrating my pH pen I am the person who would endlessly look for an easiest way to achieve the desired goal (my Mom called it lazy lol), so I did some research on how to avoid using pH pens altogether and discovered that it might be possible with organic indoor grows. All the gardening I've pretty much ever done outdoors was using organic practices. I just for some reason wasn't sure that it can be successfully done indoors After reading many Organic threads here on GC I made a switch to organic indoor cultivating of weed and now I can't imagine any other way So welcome to the ride and I hope it is enjoyable for you as much as it is for me! Some specs: Vegging room - 2,2 ft x 5 ft x 6 ft. T5 lighting, 2x2 8 bulb panel. Flower room - 3 ft x 9 ft x 6,5 ft. 600W HID, digital dimable ballast. MH HiLux enchanced spectrum bulbs for vegging and HPS HiLux bulbs for flowering. I'll be adding boring stuff along the way, now on with the pictures of what I have currently going. The babies are GHS Super Lemon Haze and Bubblefuck. Both are started from seed on or around December 24th. Beans soaked for a day in plain rain water, dropeed right into 33/33/33 mix of EWC of a good quality (I have my own worm bin), peat moss and rice hulls. I started 4 seeds, 2 of each kind, and one of each popped and started growing. They have been transplanted from solo cups into 1 gal pots about a week ago, I used my own mix full strength and they seem to be happy with it. SLH seems to be just a tad touchier than Bubblefuck. Super Lemon Haze, feminized. Bubblefuck, regular seed. Then in a veg room we have a batch of experimental SBR70's by S_a_H seeds - http://www.rcmcollective.ca/breeders/sah-seed-co.php. I grew some of them out before and was quite happy with the results, but not completely happy, they each yielded about 11 g. of dry herb, 75 days from seed to harvest. I though I might do better. This time I germinated 7 of them right in 10 gal smart pot (wanted to avoid the transplant which seems to be stunting them no matter how gentle, and 1 week really matters when it comes to autos). I also wanted to try out bagged organic soil available to me locally. Looked good on a bag, and soil was of a wonderful color and structure, and even had a couple of dozen of worms in it after sitting in my yard for some time. Unfortunately, babes ran out of juice about 2,5 weeks in and started complaining. I top-dressed with some EWCs, my own soil and put the pot on the perlite bed for an even moisture. They seem to be improving (1 boy got culled in the meantime), but I'm sure I won't be using that soil without pre-composting and infusing some real life into it. Here are the auto babies. Then we have whole bunch of clones and this is the veg room altogether. I'll share all the cloning methods I use along the way, for now I wanted to post the pic of the small experiment I started a couple of days ago. I have a really hard time curbing my curiosity, and seed-germinating and cloning are usually the worst stages for me in that regard, I always end up poking and pulling and whatnot So this time around I put almost all my clones in opaque (Chinese takeout lol) containers, and watched the roots grow for a few days. The roots grew on all sides, although the sides directly exposed to light had less of the structure expansion. I taped the side of the container with the duct tape, and today I took the tape off (previously covered surface is within the orange square). I don't know about you, but I'll be putting all my clear containers inside the dark ones from now on. I love seeing the progress, but it looks like the light does hinder the desire of roots to go toward it. Now on with the flower room. In the back of it I have a 20 gal smart pot filled with organic self-mixed soil, sitting on a perlite pan (cement mixing pan). I grew one mj plant in it already, and now it's waiting for another lucky candidate (I'm leaning toward SLH). I cut the former girl's stem and a circle of rootball out and buried a 1 gal pot in the middle to mould and prep the space for a new plant. It should make transplant easier and ensure the no-till experiment I'm conducting here is 100% no-till lol The old stalk with the roots should've been thrown in my compost, but it was full of baby worms and I just left it there to give them a chance to escape. Crumbled mulch (weed leaves) with my hands to help decomposition along, heavily misted and covered it with the Rubbermade lid, mostly for the worms to be comfortable coming uptop to feed. I have a whole bunch of them in that pot, which is excellent since the aeration there is mostly rice hulls and they decompose and compact. Worms will aerate it sufficiently, I hope. View attachment 2014-01-16 No-till set up.jpg I put a volunteer tomatoes on top of it to take advantage of the HID light Next post is going to be dedicated to the rest of the flowering room residents. They are still not flowering, going on 18/6 light schedule under 600W MH. I have a feeling this ^^^ is gonna take a whole page already Sucks to be falling behind.