Prove Me Wrong (Act III: Zombie Horses of the Apocalypse)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Postal Blowfish, May 3, 2011.

1. #21 Postal Blowfish, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    i like you. you're exactly the kind of poster we need more of. :)

but before i talk about all these excellent questions, i'm going to need to see you prove that my stone doesn't exist.

the stone did not explain much. nevertheless, i am amused by your questioning. i'm sure that if you can prove this stone doesn't exist we can have a conversation.

the stone demands that you prove it doesn't exist.

i'm sure once you do that, we can have a conversation.

2. edited last post

3. fucking stones, not the most talking types are they?

eh i cant prove the existence of a god, and thats all i can think of atm.

I'LL BE BACK AFTER THE VENTURE BROS

4. i'm falling asleep, but i hope the energy continues and i have some interesting things to reply to when i wake up :D

5. Haha okay, if you're stone claims to have the power to restrict the existence of gods, to prove the stone doesn't exist would be to prove that a god does exist.

Answer-> DNA :p lol

6. +rep for liking an epic cartoon on Adult Swim. :D

7. #27 sovietpothead, May 3, 2011
    if gods exist => stones affirmation is false ( this is 0 )
    if gods don't exist => stones afirmation is true ( this is 1 )

in order for the stone to exist then the stone needs to be a god and it must prevent its existance , thus making it posible for gods to exist .
    if the stone is god the 1=0 [ if this is true ( 1=0=1=0=1=... ) then we can't comprehend this statement,it's a paradox ]
    but that dosen't mean that gods will exist after the stone dies.in order for the stone to fullfill it's task it would have to end everything the moment it got the task to prevent any gods from existing for it to be sure that no gods will ever exist. then our conversation and everthing in the univers is proof that the stone never existed

8. i've almost figured this out.
    let me get back to you after i have finished mapping the entire universe. did the stone happen to give you any information regarding its appearance, or makeup, anything that might make it easier for me to find?

9. Your entire argument rests on the idea that a universal law is a conscious entity capable of communication. This is not an assumption, it is a fact.
    Your statement will only be credible once you prove to me that this is indeed true.

10. Could we say that subjectivity is all that matters and in your subjective experience the stone exists.

Now, the stone could only exist in your psyche, but it is nevertheless a part of your experience, and thus exists to you in one way or another (assuming you truly believe in this stone and aren't just bullshitting everyone).

Perhaps it doesn't physically exist but by allowing it to exist in your mind you allow it to have an impact on your experience... and by treating it as if it exists you allow it to exist in a way... even if it just exists as an abstract idea.

If the stone exists to you, does it really matter if anyone else believes it exists?

Of course, this is not the type of existence you are speaking of. You are looking for objective proof or lack of proof for such a stone.

Obviously one cannot objectively prove or disprove the existence of such a stone... I agree that even discussing the reality or non-reality of such a stone is completely pointless.

11. The stone speaks to me, and says "I prevent gods from existing in the past, present, and future."

If you preach it and wrote it down, I'll believe it.

12. What's a "god?" :eek:

13. The stone mentions god. So the stone knows the concept of gods. Knowing the concept, the all powerful stone decides there will be no gods. Just an all knowing dictating stone. The stone basically equates to god.

14. #34 jas43, May 3, 2011
    nice original post Postal :bongin:

what if the stone that talks to me says that your stone is weaker?

aka the 'my deity is better than your deity.' argument

EDIT: vvv

15. I don't think too many people got the OP.

16. nice hypothetical and i have nothing to offer i suck

17. #37 Postal Blowfish, May 3, 2011
    there is an explanation for dna other than gods. what you have proven is nothing.

that's just something you made up.

that is only the case if we posit the stone was created by a god. if that was the case, then the stone ends gods once and once only, and the universe goes on without gods. the idea that nothing can exist without gods is extraneous.

i have told you everything the stone told me. if i remember something else i'll say so, but i don't think i will.

sounds like a fallacy to me.

Interesting proposition, except that it spoke to me internally and in English, and I've been thinking about gods lately so the stone must have tapped into the bits of my psyche needed to answer a concern I had.

It exists outside of our reality, tied explicitly to the binary existence/nonexistence of everything from the beginning. If anything experiences a change in state due to a rule of the stone, it starts at the beginning and therefore either can exist or never exists at all. The stone is an expression of a simple rule, if it had any actual power it would have to stop existing.

For all I know there are similar stones enforcing the laws of physics within certain parameters.

nice try, but the title is "prove me wrong," not "prove me right." :D

for what it's worth, i've seen some responses that suggest some people may not "get it" but are still answering with the admission i want to hear.

18. A stone that exists outside the universe of your stone told me that your stone is a pathological liar and that god does in fact exist.

Prove me wrong! :eek: :D :p

19. Firstly, you have acknowledged my stone's existence. Secondly, I don't trust a human to tell me about my stone, since humans fib and stones do not. You may want to retract your acknowledgement, and prove my stone doesn't exist so that I can entertain your claim that something has happened that the stone would not allow to happen.

Until that happens, I'll have to reiterate: the title is "prove me wrong," not "prove me right," and not "prove yourself right," or "challenge me to prove you wrong."

20. Any stone that can speak must be supernatural. So the stone itself is a god preventing other gods from existing? Or its impossible task..