Proudly announcing...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrassCharles, Mar 8, 2004.

1. I am proud to announce that i got 5 females out of 6 plants.
    The strain is a feminized powerplant. they all look very healthy and ready to blossom :)

2. Great! But shouldn't they ALL be female?

What seed company are they from? And how did you germinate them? I am having trouble germinating my Dutch Passion Feminized seeds.

3. Feminised seeds will (or will most likely) either go hermie or female. There is never a 100% female rate constant for any strain. I've heard some bad things about DP feminised not germinating and/or going all hermie. I guess it's just what happens when people mess with nature...

I'll never buy feminised...some of the techniques they use to produce the seeds, and the chemicals that some (if not all) involve, are carcinogenic, experimental, and toxic.

It's also much cheaper to do a seed crop and have enough to last a year instead of buying fem seeds...

Cloning (and use of mother plants) is a good way to know each is a female, and they don't cost nearly as much.

4. I am used to germinate the seeds directly into a big pot of soil so i wont have to transplant the seed later and cause stress or growth delay. i just make sure that the temperature of the soil is ok and that the soil never get dry.
    thats all. every time i used this method i got 100% germination.

5. I prefer to buy feminized seed at least for now due to space restrictions. I cannot afford to germinate 6 plants (maximum closet capacity) and turn out with 1 or 2 fems. I also don't have a second closet to grow clones. When i can i will try the normal seeds. Jack herer maybe?

6. wtf dude where are the pics