Protesting the Drug Free America Foundation.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by PsychoDriveBy, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Fellow Stoners, we have began protesting the Above the Influence Facebook page on July 4th, 2012. We need as much support as we can get, as there are many lost souls on the page, we can help change them. If you would like to help, please post why you live Above the Ignorance everyday. Also, we are trying to change their minds, not destroy them, please be respectful to those who lack information.

2. Does this involve using a Facebook account in some capacity?
    If so, best of luck with your endeavors.

3. ^^This. I'd love to help, but I refuse to use FB for anything. I can't prove it, but I know FB is monitored by the wrong people. I've even overheard cops talking about how they use FB to gather info on people in their communities. Human resources personnel use it, too, when they screen their new employees.

4. Any sane person should be pro-THC after reading this! (Amyloid plaque or beta amyloid is the stuff that gums up the brain in Alzheimer's)

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

And CBD has its fans, too!

Israeli Research Shows Cannabidiol May Slow Alzheimer's Disease (news - 2008)
    Israeli Research Shows Cannabidiol May Slow Alzheimer's Disease - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

Cannabidiol Reduces Aβ-Induced Neuroinflammation and Promotes Hippocampal Neurogenesis through PPARγ Involvement (full – 2011) Cannabidiol Reduces A

So since natural cannabis has both of these compounds in it-

Pot joins the fight against Alzheimer's, memory loss (news - 2008)
    News Blog: Pot joins the fight against Alzheimer's, memory loss

Also since THC activates both the CB1 and CB2 receptors

The activation of cannabinoid CB2 receptors stimulates in situ and in vitro beta-amyloid removal by human macrophages. (abst - 2009)
    The activation of cannabinoid CB2 receptors stimul... [Brain Res. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

(the title means- Activating CB2 receptors tells your "clean-up crew cells" (macrophages) to remove the amyloid plaque from brain cells both in test tubes and in brains!)

And using cannabinoids over a long period seems to help in Alzheimer's- (They were using synthetics in this study, but a "synthetic" is just a chemical that is supposed to do what the natural version does.)

Prolonged oral Cannabinoid Administration prevents Neuroinflammation, lowers beta-amyloid Levels and improves Cognitive Performance in Tg APP 2576 Mice.
    (full – 2012) http://www.jneuroinflammation.com/content/pdf/1742-2094-9-8.pdf

Have fun! :devious:

Granny :wave:

5. theres nothing wrong with being drugfree. No need to protest. Im not gonna force anyone to use drugs and Im not gonna force anyone not to use drugs. Let the people decide.

6. [quote name='"Vollont"']theres nothing wrong with being drugfree. No need to protest. Im not gonna force anyone to use drugs and Im not gonna force anyone not to use drugs. Let the people decide.[/quote]

I think the idea behind this is to educate people rather than convert. Most anti-drug campaigns spread complete lies in order to encourage/scare children to not do drugs. I also see your point though, encouraging any drug use seems pointless and somewhat wrong.