Protein bars?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by artic, May 10, 2011.

1. Lmao the 80s were nuts

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. pablo-escobar-1.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. U watch that show on Netflix I quit watching it after they killed Pablo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Couldn't get into it because of the damn subtitles lol

5. To everyone saying that an abundance of protein is bad for your body, no. Just no. The human body can consume vast amounts of protein, but that doesn't mean it all gets used. There is a threshold that your body reaches, where after a certain point your body no longer absorbs the protein. All of the excess protein consumed becomes poop. Period. If all you eat is protein, then good luck dropping that clunker out of your ass. But as long as you have a balanced nutritional intake with plenty of fiber, all that extra protein will fly right out your butt.

Now, I'm not advocating for the endless ingestion of protein bars. Many brands of bars have a high sugar and calorie content, which if heavily consumed will be much worse for you than the protein. But eating one a day isn't going to hurt you. Side note about that; reserve the protein bar for days that you do a high intensity workout. Don't eat protein bars if you don't do the work to deserve them.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. generally you should consume protein immediately after a workout, not before. Have a small cup of black coffee before.

7. I'd rather make my own power balls than a protein bar. Way better!! Protein bars are great for cyclists, marathon runners, power lifters,swimmers needing sugar and high calories to keep going. But for walkers, light joggers, hikers I'd say get your proteins from real food. Or use your own recipes for protein bars.

8. The only "bar" I would recommend is MariGold.

Nothing comes close.