Protecting your outdoor grow...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GroBoston, Sep 2, 2010.

1. I was a little curious as to some precautionary actions one would take to protect their outdoor grow...

Also is there any way to hide from prying eyes... Such as crop raiders or law enforcement...would thermal goggles spot your crop a mile away or what?

Any info is much appreciated, thanks GC!

2. Thermal is for spotting lights in indoor grows. Man so many people have this thought in their head that weed gives off some kind of heat signature.

3. Link fencing, barbed wire, cams, motion sensors with alarms in ur house, and good guard dogs. :)

4. For an outdoor grow, I would build a moat, get a bunch of bears surrounding the property with a solar powered timed release food dispenser that keeps them at the grow site. I would also have a guard tower that is built into the trees with a sniper perch, just in case you need to take matters into your own hands. :D

5. But, the damned bears will eat ur bud!!! :mad:

6. na dude bears eat honey.

7. Lmao@ the bears... That would be comedy, sorry I didn't know about the thermal thing... Thanks for clarifying that for me. Would putting a wire mesh "basket" underneath the plants keep bigger pests out?

Would anybody know what bugs I might particularly have to worry about in the New England area?

8. I dont grow or anything but from my experience at work a mesh basket wouldnt work too well. Most pests you dont have to worry about coming from below anyways its mostly the pests that fly around and land on your plants.

oh and I dont want to be "that guy" but we do have a grow forum

9. Cool thanks, my mistake, I'll try to make sure I catergorize better next time.