Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pros / Cons of each smoking method?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SourDiesel94, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Hey blades, since I have been mostly a bong/pipe smoker, because I can't roll joints for the life of me, and I'm shy about buying a vape without trying it first, I was wondering the pros, and cons of each smoking method (such as bad taste, ect)
    So if anyone could point of the pros and cons of
    Gravity Bongs:
    Pipes:
    Joints:
    Vapes:

Any help is really appreciated :smoke:

2. Gravity Bongs: pros - your going to be higher then youve ever been! cons - smoke get stale and taste a little funky...mabye not stale but theres def something going on

Pipes: pros - a lot less wastefull then joints and keep you from smelling as much.. Cons - you have to carry a stinky pipee around.... which can land you in some serious shit

Joints: pros - good for on the go... cons - wasting half of the weed you put in there

Vapes: pros - little smell that dispersers pretty quick and whole new high experience... cons- the only ones worth buying are over 200$ and even then there very questionable compared to a bong going by how you enjoy your high...

and yah! but really it all comes down to what you like though

3. Thanks for the reply, i think im just gonna invest in a nice bong. :p :smoke:

4. Also; Is there a difference between a gravity bong's high, and a regular bong's high?

5. It's going to be different for different people.

Try them all out man. Find out what to like.

And think about growing your own.

Bud is extremely overpriced. You CAN grow it yourself. For sooooooo much cheaper.

6. In my experience, the high from a gravity bong is intense and much less gradually oncoming then a regular bong. I personally find the highs from a regular bong and a vaporizer to be the best.

7. In my experience, I have gotten the same high from a regular bong as I did from a gravity bong. The regular bong had alot of ice in it, so it allowed me to hit alot more than I would've without ice. That's why gravity bongs give such crazy highs, 'cause you get so much smoke at once. If you can take a big enough hit off a regular bong and clear it then you can get some crazy highs. The gravity bongs usually taste alot worse and hurt/make you cough more. Gravity bongs for me are normally what we do when we get a few friends together and just wanna have some fun, because it's always fun to watch eachother take massive rips lol. But, you should definitely try a vape before you commit to buying a nice bong. Who knows, you may like the vape more.

8. I also have to second this. Vaporizers get you so amazingly high with a fraction of the weed. If you have the upfront money to buy one I would highly recommend it.

9. Can you tell me more about vapes? I'm really interested in buying one now, i have the money, but would like to know more before i invest. :smoke:

10. Healthiest method of smoking marijuana since you are smoking vapor instead of smoke. It doesn't hurt at all to smoke it (no coughing, throat irritation ect.). The vaporizer my friend has that I smoke out of (it was around 300 dollars) has either a hose hookup (similar to a hookah) or a bag that you can fill up. We grinded up two bowls last night and got 3 people incredibly high off of a very small amount of weed. The high is also different..much more pleasant in my opinion.

11. Thanks for the info. :smoke:
    +Rep

12. Yeah bud, vapes are where it's at. I use a Da Buddha vape which is the best money I've ever spent on anything marijuana related (including my RooR bong which has a diffuser, precooler AND carbon filter...although that is the second best).
    The high is different but there's less health issues, less smell, and less weed used. It's pretty much win/win/win/win/win/etc.

That being said, I'm glad I bought my bong before I did my vape. Some day you'll probably use all of the methods you mentioned (I know I do), it's just a matter of finding out what suits you best :)

13. Vapes are ok, don't get you as high as a bong. Vapes release more concentrated amounts of thc than a bong. Your gnna get more cbn and cbd from a bong, hence the different high. To me, bongs getbyou ripped and put you down while vapes you can still actually do things easier.

14. [quote name='"YoSmokinMan"']It's going to be different for different people.

Try them all out man. Find out what to like.

And think about growing your own.

Bud is extremely overpriced. You CAN grow it yourself. For sooooooo much cheaper.[/quote]

Ya isn't it something like 5$ to produce a half ounce of pot?

15. A good vape for under 200 hundred is the vapor genie its really under rated but if you know how to use it its fantastic.

16. If you are interested in vaping, but don't want to spend way too much. You could try the Vapir NO2 for about $100...or if you wanna spend like 50 bucks more I've heard good things about the Arizer Solo. Both of these give you the option of going out and vaping because they're portable vapes.

17. How has nobody mentioned the Magic Flight Launch Box yet?

In my opinion, that's the best intro to vapes you can get! Do a little search here, and you'll see what I mean.

18. My only problem with the MFLB is the whole battery situation...It seems like going through the batteries would be pretty easy to do then you couldn't vape until they charge. I guess you could get the wall adapter, but at that price the Arizer Solo would be the way to go.

19. [quote name='"PapaBonerad"']

My only problem with the MFLB is the whole battery situation...It seems like going through the batteries would be pretty easy to do then you couldn't vape until they charge. I guess you could get the wall adapter, but at that price the Arizer Solo would be the way to go.[/quote]

I've never has an issue with the batteries. One battery can last me a full day if im constantly high all day.

20. I must be mistaken then. But for me, I would only get the MFLB if I needed total discretion. I actually just received the Vapir NO2 in the mail, but I am currently dry and will not get to test it until this weekend.