Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pros and Cons of having compressed kief?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hashbrowns742, Mar 18, 2011.

1. What's better -- if you have say a pound (I wish,) of kief, would it be better for you (for personal use and to smoke with friends) to have it loose in a jar, or to compress it into a nice tasty looking brick?

2. Who cares lol I'd have a pound of kief!!!

But no I think I'd rather have it compressed just for portability.

3. Compress it for storage purposes. Also, its also alot easier to smoke it when its more compressed because when it's loose it can get sucked through pretty easily.

4. Also, one other question: if you scrape some kief off a brick, is there anyway to get it back into that powdery, lovely type of texture when you first get it from the collector?

5. I've always thought compressing kief was pretty pointless apart from for transporting it. It's always nicer to have it in that perfect powder, instead of little lumps.

6. But yeah, if this is for extended time though...

7. Definitely press it then, I would. Much easier to store/transport/smoke. And ive heard compressing it or 'hashing' it will maintain the quality longer.

8. compressed will burn slower powder will burn faster what does this mean? fast burning means rapid combustion to delta9 dense thc laden smoke which you can inturn absorb at once very quickly and get instantly hella stoned. slow burn will take longer to get into your system itll smoke up more but only because more air/oxygen has entered the chamber.
    to get the highest you want the most thc entering your body as quickly as possible. so me ill go with the powdered kief

9. Thanks everyone
    But if I got some compressed kief, could I grind it down into a powder again or not?

10. You could, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as fine as it was before you compressed it.