Proposal!

Discussion in 'General' started by AutoDeFay, May 26, 2009.

1. I have decided to ask my girlfriend of 5 years to marry me, I need to find a ring and figure out the perfect place to pop the question, we spend a lot of time during the summer evenings laying/snuggling on our roof and I was thinking that would be the best place for it, I am not exactly sure though. I have the rest of the week off so I'm going to try and find the perfect ring in the next couple of day's and visit her father for permission. She has to work a lot of overtime the next few days so I have a good amount of time to plan and keep her in the dark untill then. I am sure she's going to say yes, as she has hinted at it for a while now (since we gaduated infact). I am absolutely in love with this Women and have been since the day I met her.

I'll keep you folks up to date with my plans.

Also, ADVICE IS COMPLETELY WELCOME (pretty please)!

2. congrrats dude. haha you should slip the the around a nice fat blunt and pass it to her. how could she say no?!

3. aww thats awesome man!
    just pick wherever the both of you feel the most relaxed.
    best of luck man, i hope she says yes!!!

4. Just go for it man, five years is a good number. :D

5. just whatever you do, do not hide the ring in food or propose at a sporting event.
    (sorry if anyone has.)

just make it special. i'm sure you'll figure it out.
    good luck! and i wish you two many happy years to come (if she says yes, which i'm sure she will). :D

6. Haha, naw. Good suggestion though

Thats good advice man, thanks!

Yeah, time to shit or get off the pot, eh?, of course I'm going to shit (metaphorically) though.

7. Yeah don't put the ring in food. I did that to my girlfriend and she chipped her tooth by biting down too hard. Needless to say, I didn't get a "yes" when I proposed.

8. Sorry to hear that man. Are you planning another try? If so, I hope you the very best.

9. haha I was kidding man

10. goodluck... and yea, go with the roof thing. It doesnt need to overly elaborate or public.... just something special. Seems like that place means something to yall. Im sure you have many good memories there, what better place to do it?

Good luck with the soon to be father-in-law.

11. Right on.:confused:

She's home, so I'm gonna steer clear of here encase she decides she wants to look over my shoulder.

12. I chose the ring, I pick it up Thursday. It's a 18 Carat White Gold Solitiar w/ 1.00 Carat Round Cut Diamond for $5,700. I decided to ask her Friday on the roof.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We were watching a movie last night and she asked me what we have planed for the summer, I told her to keep it open.

P.s. It's my 22nd Birthday today!

13. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

and that's great, you seem to be traditional, which, I don't know about you, but means you have to get down on you're knees. I've always saw proposing to the woman I'm about to marry as in front of her parent's or guardians.

14. Happy birthday man! and goodluck with the proposal.

15. hell yeah man congrats!!!! I just proposed to my girl this last week too :D

personally, i wouldn't have spent THAT much on the engagement ring, seeing as how she's not gonna wear that ring forever, you know? I didn't spend anywhere NEAR that price on my girl's engagement ring. I think if i was filthy rich i would buy a ring like that, but not just because i wanna marry her. I'd save the almost 6 grand for her actual wedding ring.

unless it was 5,700 for the engagement and wedding ring. Like one of those pairs they sell.

Either way, what matters is that you're happy and she's happy. Congrats dude & happy birthday!

16. Thanks everyone!

@FuckingClassy; I know it's alot, but it'll be worth it I think. It was a little bit above my budget (1400) but I can manage it.

17. if you think it's worth it, that's all that matters :)

for me & my girl, we just talked about getting married & we both don't want a huge traditional wedding, so we're just goin to the courthouse & then havin a huge reception at our house.

I spent less than 200 on her engagement ring haha, but she could care less. It's not about materials, its about love. And we don't need some big ass wedding and some huge diamond ring to know we love each other & wanna spend the rest of our lives together. It doesn't matter the size of the engagement ring cuz she's not gonna wear it forever. Her actual ring i'm gonna go all out for though lol

18. Update: I have spoken with the father and have permission to take his daughter in marriage and he was dumbfounded that I would ask him (Americans sure are stange lol).

@FuckingClassy I can totally respect that man, I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to these things. She has, on several occasions expressed a great deal of interest in a "huge wedding".

19. As of 9:15 i am now engaged to be married!:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::D:D:D:D:D:D:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::):):):):hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::D:D:D:D:hello::hello::hello:

20. im happy that i can be the first to say...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+rep