Propagators

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cosmic Jive, May 10, 2010.

1. This is my first grow.
    I purchased 10 White Rhino seeds yesterday, I placed them in tissue and today they have sprouted.
    I have placed them in small pots filled with soil and put them into my propagator for growing.
    What I want to know is, do I keep my propagator in the dark or do I put them under a grow light?

2. they need to be under light, what kind of light do you have? smaller wattage is needed for seedlings.

3. I've got a 200w Maxibright CFL mate...
    So even thou they haven't poked above the soil yet, I need to put them under light is that correct?
    I've been told to keep them in the dark until I see the plant above the soil, then put them under light.

4. That's how you do it, and for the first week they shouldn't be too close to the light either.

5. So let me get this right as I'm a bit THICK.lol
    My seeds have cracked and I've placed them into pots, next step is to put them in the propagator and under light.

6. plants cant use light until they have leaves. the first pair are not true leaves, there the food supply for the seedling.

7. Thanks blkwhtdog...
    So I keep them in the dark until I see the plant above the soil, then put them under light?

8. #8 Dr.HydroThumb, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
    I refuse to argue. CLICK THIS

9. As soon as there is green they start using light for photosynthesis, even before 'true' leaves appear.