Propagating branch while still on plant

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Q_17, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Any one ever do it yet with cannabis? I’m trying it out, will give me the chance to make clones of branches not little shoots.
    IMG_3807.JPG

2. FedS tried it. I copied him but none of the three I set up hit so a fail for me. I don't remember if his hit. I'll Flag him.
    @FedSmoker

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. Theres a good chance it’ll work fine - but for what its worth its just as easy to clone a full branch as it is to clone a small top.

good luck

j

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I was always lead to believe that the branches had to much foliage ect to clone, something to do with the humidity?

Just as easy if you have a dome or clear bin available tall enough for it lol.

Thanks hoping it works, I like experiments to work not fail lol.

5. I don’t see why it wouldn’t? They sell those little prop pods for larger plants.

I guess it comes down to maybe moisture, the medium used, time?

I balled up a moist handful of vermicompost out of my superworm bin, mixed with a little of my soil mix, cling wrapped it.

Would like to see what fed was able to do.

The branch up I was going to use a jiffy pod as they may just hold shape better.

6. I’ve cloned plenty of branches. Works fine.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cool beanz, takes the speculation out of my inner argument

8. I split a one inch Rockwool cube then hollowed it out to fit the branch and saran wrapped it on. I think if I'd started earlier it would have hit.

BNW

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. I thought I had jiffy pucks, the foamy ones, not the ones I have that are just a mesh bag and lose moss inside.

I’m going to try them either way, only thing I didn’t do the first time and after reading what j posted I might go back and re do the first one. I didn’t score it, only kind of zested it real quick. Nothing like what I do to a real cut.

Think that matters?

10. Do one of each. :)
    I always try and take multiple approaches when I'm experimenting.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Definitely going to, try to start soaking the pucks here in a few minutes.

Side question, how long should barley take to sprout? I’m like 4 days in it stinks like liquor.
    I rinse and shake them daily, the first 24 hours little tails came out but never grew longer then 1/4”
    I think I need to restart. The popcorn took 4 days

12. Google is your friend.
    :)
    It knows all.
    BNW

13. Yes yes, the all seeing and all knowing google :)
    Just was asking on exp, that’s all.

14. My ham handed approach was a failure; strictly soil with no moisture seal and no abrasion to stem to expose and promote roots. This article lays out the method plainly so next attempt may be more prosperous.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I did a better job getting down a layer, with the blade. Filled the center of the puck with rooting powder, wrapped her up tight. So let’s see. Come the 20th I will open them up and see what’s the progress

• Like Like x 1
  16. IMG_3815.JPG
    Ahahah not the growing yeast monster

17. Well the experiment went halfway almost right.
    The ball of soil, nope, I took it off the branch last night.
    The jiffy plug yepp :)
    I just messed up the seal and it dried out when I was gone, so let’s hope these little tiny roots take off. IMG_4056.JPG IMG_4057.JPG IMG_4058.JPG