Propaganda of Fear & Loss of Civil Liberties...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by svedka, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wow! You agree with your own copy and paste?! What a shocker!!!!!

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

2. Some ( or 1) GC member (s) were / was complaining that i posted links or copy pasted but never stated an opinion... believe it or not they must have assumed i had my thumb up the bung and mind in neutral and posted just for the hell of it...

Whatever, i mentioned that for the challenged and certainly not one as aware as you... Turn the page, back to topic... no problem on disrupting the flow for a trifle non issue.. just glad you took time to read the article or at least the copy paste portion...
    :rolleyes::coffee:

3. WEB OF DECEIT

Special interests controlling DT & GOP (they controlled Obama as well, just some different special interest corps & mega wealthy)

BRILLIANT Takedown of the Koch Brothers & Donald Trump

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Not a left or right issue... So save the tit for tats for another topic por favor....
    ----------------------------
    Can We Call It a Coup Now?

[​IMG]

The real threat to the democratic rights of the American people comes not from Russia or foreign terrorists, but from the US government itself, which is completely controlled by a vast military/intelligence complex allied to the financial oligarchy. Both major parties are beholden to this “deep state” machine for surveillance and repression.

Can We Call It a Coup Now?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Even on Memorial Day the state has to twist the knife for native Americans which includes those of what is now trimmed down Mexico....
    -----

Trump Says Settlers ‘Tamed a Continent.’ Now for Indigenous People’s Side.

[​IMG]

This knowledge seems rudimentary, and yet it’s not: The same ships that transported the “American dream” from 15th century Europe likewise delivered a nightmare to indigenous lands now known as America—a nightmare that would persist for centuries for millions of indigenous people, African slaves and their many descendants. But it was far beyond a nightmare. It all was callously and painfully real.

This knowledge also seems rudimentary, and yet it’s not: Indigenous communities today bear the stubborn scars and residual societal ills stemming directly from colonization: being dehumanized, disenfranchised and imprisoned in our own lands, confined to desolate reservations, and brutally ripped from the lifeways and teachings that sustained us for millennia.

Much that should be rudimentary knowledge has been flattened throughout American history by colonial apologists while the humanity of indigenous peoples has been routinely denied, our vast achievements and painful stories of near-annihilation squelched by whitewashed American narratives and a dehumanizing lexicon woven into the fabric of American consciousness: savage, redskin, squaw; uncivilized, Manifest Destiny, American dream.

(continued at link)

Trump Says Settlers ‘Tamed a Continent.’ Now for Indigenous People’s Side.

6. the war on terrorism, was never a war, it was an opportunity for the government and political eleite to grow its power.
    so you are for civil-liberties, yet you hate trump???? the one person who can change the course this nation is on...dosnt make sense

my take on the war on terrorism, Osama won and the people lost

7. perhaps
    perhaps he or she is just a lost or misguided little kid that dosnt know any better?
    at least they stand up for their beliefs and will fight for it to the end, kind of scary though, there are lots of people like that

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. one reasons America looses wars is because of the politics of it and the rules of engagement. for example, soilders were not allowed to be armed unless in direct conflict. when fired upon on, they could not fire back until they received permission from the hire-ups.

9. Yes, we agree the "war on terrorism" was just an excuse to take away privacy and civil liberties & for the corporate-military-industrial state to expand... targeting Iraq with no WMD's or even indications they existed was... just an excuse to take out Saddam as part of the larger plan to take out Syria and Iran before Empire is done... all encouraged by Israel (the real terrorists if you want to check history)...

DT aka 45 aka tRUMP isn't about protecting civil liberties unless they affect his business or personal life... sorry that he seems to have convinced you that he is like Mighty Mouse and going to "save the day"... lol

Try as he will to "change the course of the nation" the nation is waking up thanks to his idiotic childish slef promoting tweets... you know like the one on Memorial Day that has pissed off huge amounts of people...
    Rosanne Barr is barred from TV likely for the rest of her life due to her hubris and following in 45's tweet paths... Disney and ABC didn't waste a moment in firing her ass and sadly the rest of the cast losing millions of seasonal dollars... but i digress...

10. It's a great day if Rosanne is off the air.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Many who have challenged this thread cannot seem to understand that propaganda exists inside of the USA as it has indeed been well hidden by both parties. I too was programmed that it was something only found in places like the USSR or Nazi Germany back in the day. After all the USA was the only "good guy" country on the globe worth living in, right?

I've only outlined the list from the article that details each one realizing that many here don't have time to click and read something that could take all of 10 - 15 minutes.
    ----------------
    9 Ways Authoritarianism Is Taking Hold Under Trump
    The president and his neo-authoritarian acolytes are following an ancient playbook.

1. Lie Often — Lie Big.
    2. Consolidate Power While Challenging or Co-Opting Institutions That Enforce Accountability.
    3.Attack the Press.
    4. Vilify Protesters, Minorities, and Political “Enemies” to the Point of Provoking Violence.
    5. Scapegoat Minority Groups to Rile Up a Mob Mentality.
    6. Elevate One Religion That You Can Control (and Reward) While Trashing Others.
    7. Co-opt and Make Institutions of Military and Police Power into Loyal Sycophants
    8. Ignore Competence and Incompetence; Only Loyalty Matters—and Is Richly Rewarded.
    9. Foster a Sense of Helplessness Among the Opposition.

9 Ways Authoritarianism Is Taking Hold Under Trump

• Like Like x 1
  12. If propaganda could take on a human form it would literally be you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Sounds like a personal problem to me... maybe you could start a thread about them... Have you read the rules about baiting and personal attacks? Do you know about the ignore feature or private conversations?
    If you want to make it personal send me a PM and you can tell me what you would really like to say. I would love to hear all about it... always good to vent but not at the expense of a thread with a specific (non personal) topic...
    :cop:
    :coffee:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Well thats how one sided you are, I dont need to know what you have to say your so deep into identity politics that nobody except the extreme left agrees with you.

You claim to not be democratic and not support hillary and then in another thread beg people to vote democratic. Im just trying to help you, you denouce propaganda while spewing propaganda.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Link to where i "beg ppl to vote democratic" please.
    What is propaganda to one is the gospel according to a great leader or country to another.... it's all conceptual from birth (read programming) and all subject to change... it is not cast in stone truth but twists of falsehoods to appear so....

This topic is about state spun propaganda to point it out and call BS fake news on what is coming over the lame stream media as well as from the WH and current POUTUS... a err POTUS & company... held true for Obama, Bush, Clinton and others going way way back even JFK was complicit but spoke up once to often about shattering the deep state...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Your right. I went back to read and had you mistaken for mickfoster. I apologize. Your propaganda still blows though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. I don't have one post in this thread - except for this one. Apparently you're mistaken again. Love your propaganda though. Lol. :love:

• Like Like x 1
  18. lol ok. the roseann thing was fucked up. great example how they will throw anyone under the bus to advance their agenda. and those are the kind of people YOU identify with. but its part of the norm now. there was also some lady calling the firstlady a cunt. back in the day, no one would even talk about the first lady aceept to complement her dress or something.

I checked the history. apparently some guy rounded up 6 million jews and sent them off to slave labor camps and gas chambers. the average life span in slave camps was 3 weeks lmao
    he capture all of the countries around him and single out all the jewish people.
    while he did this, the world stood by and let him do it.

why are you sorry he "convinced" me?? why do u feel the need to apologize for something you have nothing to do with?
    what some of yall don't get....its not trump that convinced me or the rest of his supporters....its the people before trump that did all the convincing.
    remember mr. no new taxes, and then he taxes.
    and then we had the guy who would stick his dick into anything he could, but couldn't own up to that. nevermind about the civilians he had killed and still does
    next we had a guy bring us to war in Iraq based on false pretenses
    and finally the last guy went on tv, looked every American in the eyes and said "you can keep your plan"
    NOW we have a guy who, so far, has actually came though with a lot of his campaign pledges, despite the heavy negative media coverage and a hostile congress that vowed not to work with

arnt you tired of being lied to all the time by your leaders
    arnt you tied of every time you listen to the media they are bashing and undermining your president and elected leaders?
    arnt you tired of being played like a fool?
    here you are complaining about trump advancing his interest as if no one else does it. how much money has the Clintons raked in since they left the white house?
    Obama gets paid 500 thousand dollars to go talk for an hour. if you were one of the top 10% wealthy in America it would take you over 5 years to make what this guy makes in a day
    his little daughter drives a $1.5m car.

u say you are against these kinds of things, yet you support them and attack the people who can fix the system you are sooo against

please tell me an instance where Obama protected civil liberties. he had 8 years, I am sure there was one. if there is anyone on this forum who would give you a chance, here it is

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yes, i agree Faux news is complicit in promoting the propaganda fear that exploded under George W Bush after 9/11 then Obama used it as an excuse to increase snooping into our private lives...

2 minute video for anyone with a rational mind and an attention span beyond reading a meme.
    :coffee:
    -----

Ex-analyst: Fox News doing extreme damage

Retired US Army lieutenant colonel tells CNN's Anderson Cooper that with the rise of President Donald Trump, Fox News has become a "destructive propaganda machine."

20. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.