PROOF!!! That Everything Exists For A Reason...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ClinicallyNORML, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Well there are so many things I could use as examples, but I will use a few that most of us can relate to...

Sex:
    There are two genders, male and female. The male's and female's bodies work together perfectly to have sex, and therefore have children. The reason that sex feels so good is because, if it didnt, than there would be no desire to have sex, then there would be no children, and humans would cease to exist...That is why there are two genders, and why sex feels so good.

Cannabis:
    Cannabis is a natural plant which contains THC. When smoked, the THC works in conjunction with the brain (hypothalamus to be exact) to create and altered state of awareness, euphoria and well being. Now marijuana has been used by the millions, and most people who smoke marjuana are the ones that have a profound interest in politics, other cultures and the arts...many marijuana users are the people who express the "alternative voice" meaning, the voice expressing the other side to many seemingly one sided issues.

All in all, I sincerely believe that everyhting is here for a purpose...that someone or something did create us, and that nature couldnt have possibly created a world where everything works so perfectly together...Keep in mind that these are only my opinions, and feel free to shed your own light on this philosophy.

2. I will agree with you that everything is here for a reason. I just have a few comments about your post though...

About the sex thing... I agree that it works perfectly together, but it's not just the desire for the pleasure of sex that keeps the human population going. Only people and dolphins have sex for pleasure. Everything else simply does it to reproduce. So I agree that it shows purpose, but I don't think it's completely how good it feels that drives people to have sex.

Also, I agree that marijuana was created for a reason... Not necessarily to get stoned, but I do believe in it's medicinal purposes (so long as the person's not abusing it, or using it simply because it gets him high).

3. I don't smoke period.

4. comon you really dont think she smokes...

would you be on a ballet forum if you didn't do it? no.

he's obviously joking

5. I'm not trying to hijack this thread, so after this post, if ya wanna know somethin' about me PM me...

No, I don't smoke... Seriously...

I used to smoke a lot. I still post here because I have a lot of friends here, and I like talking to them. I also like to post here in the Spirituality forum. The debates are interesting, and I like getting the correct information about Christianity into the hands of those who have the wrong information.

6. i feel the same way. but obviously thorugh millions of years of evolution, things will turn out that way. the creatures that are useless/cannot adapt die off.

i'd have to disagree with that in a sense. i know you believe in god, so im gonna say God made it feel good. also, God gave us free will, so if it did not feel good, everyone would have died off thousands of years ago when the goal of intercourse wasn not longer to maintain your group's numbers.

yes, many people choose to have sex because they want a child, but then again, many also have sex their whole lives but through contraception/abortion/vasectamies/etc, they have no child. so at that point it is the enjoyment that the people get out of the experiece, not the animal instincts that cause them to have sex and reproduce.

7. I agree with you when you say "God made it feel good." I, too, believe that. But I was just trying to give an argument using the animal kingdom as an example. Mostly every creature (that reproduces sexually) has sex for the sole purpose of reproduction, and the furtherance of their species. People and dolphins are the only exceptions to this, as both humans and dolphins have sex for pleasure.

The reason I believe God made it pleasurable is because sex was something given by God, that is something special; and that should be saved for marriage

But those are my opinions (and by the way, I've thought that way since I was 7 years old... before I became a Christian).

8. ditto

I agree, and it's the reason i log in.

.... that, and the naked Sensi thread, of course.

9. You have given us you theory. NOT PROOF!!! Not one bit.

Lemme dwell on that a while. So you mean cannabis exists for the sole reason to give us pleasure. Why then do there exist poisonous plants? For the sole reason to get us killed? You claim to be presenting some proof. I didn't find any in yer post.

I belive the fact that THC exists and can be used by us is entirely coincidental. Now you prove me wrong and I shall bow to you