Proof Jesus isnt real

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by brenden, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Watch and learn such a great video its almost brainwashing
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNf-P_5u_Hw]YouTube - Zeitgeist [Religion] The Greatest Story Ever Sold (1of 3)[/ame]

2. Ah man you buzz kill!! I was just beggining to believe zombies were real :(

-But on a serious note, that video is pretty informative and have some pretty good points.

Take care!

3. lol dude watch it you will be like there is no fucking way jesus was gods son

4. seen that before.. but it proves nothing.

5. Well you heard it here first. There's no point having faith anymore. A 10 minute youtube video just prooved there was no Jesus.

6. Interesting, but pure conjecture,

7. Bible = Fairy tales with morals that give you a decent general idea of how to play nicely with others. The Romans kept extensive records of everyone who was executed in every part of their empire, Jesus ain't on it, he never existed.

tl;dr
    Christians are brainwashed, follow the golden rule.

8. Between this and BUSTED!, it's like you are trapped in the internet of past. Everyone already knows that the both exist, and most people have seen them too. You are not the holder of secret information. Maybe if you traveled back a few years...

9. It's a decent video, i liked some of the others a lot more.

10. could probably go in the religion sub forum, you know, to keep the place SOMEWHAT orderly.;)

11. There are plenty of reasons to not believe in any religion or spirituality. But this video's message is not one of those reasons. Get real.

12. thanks for showing me this, I dont really believe in god, just in reincardination somewhat. I am totally showing this to my uber christian friend.

13. wow, my whole problem with religoin (was born catholic) was that in school i was always taught that religoin and god's were made to explain things that people couldnt explain at the time. (the reason the volcano blew up was because there's a volcano god and he's angry kinda thing)

i always thought that there's really no difference between Christianity and all those other religions. I think now there's more atheist's because we can explain things now through science and stuff. people are kinda seeing the truth....kinda depressing, i like christmas its such a happy time, but this pretty much does it for me.

and since we're on this topic, why do people who go to church every sunday think im an asshole? Nobody really knows how much im really starting to question religoin except me, and already my cousin (who's forced to go to church every week by his dad) thinks im a hardass (his word...) against religoin. i don't preech to anyone, i just truly belive its kinda bullshit...

besides god never did shit for me despite how much i begged and cried and sat in church every sunday asking for help...

14. Because a video says so then it must be true. :rolleyes:
    this proves nothing at all

15. Any links about the 'extensive' records kept by the romans on executions? that sounds a little off.
    and it's more than likely jesus existed, just not that he was the son of god...;)

16. very interesting indeed... however... there are actually records of a Person Jesus... he was a person, whether you believe he was the son of God or not is your own buisness...

HOWEVER... Jesus was not born on december 25th... It is speculated that he was born sometime in january, the 25th is based around some other arbitrary pagan holiday, but most likely the reason that the video gave.

Also, it never says in the bible that there were "3 kings" who traveled to see Jesus' birth, it is always assumed that there were 3 due to the 3 gifts of gold frankinscence and murh.

thats all I got.

17. Yeah, sorry man. That video is garbage, and I'm not saying that because I believe in jesus, but because this video actually was BS. To reasonably disprove most of the bible all you have to do is read it... I'm pretty sure most Christians haven't read it (and definitely don't understand it). After all the bible isn't even a single piece of work, it is a compilation of writings from different people of different time periods. Alot of the writings weren't even written in the same generation as the events being written about... making the bible, at its very best, an extremely unreliable account of history... I mean hell, some things in the bible don't even make any sense at all.

When you get some time you might want to check out this website. Religious Studies — Open Yale Courses It is only about the study of the old testament, but it is packed with some credible information about the bible, and not just a bunch of BS.

18. There are plenty of Jesi down in Mexico.

19. ahaha this made me lol hard:p

20. It is obvious that Christianity, the Egyptian religion, the solar cycle, and many other religions are very parallel. But why would christianity give mary credit for the birth of the son, if the cycle has continued so long before that? there are documents that provide a family tree containing many biblical figures, even up until jesus is born. the video acts like there is no evidence the jesus existed, and i believe there is real physical proof.

i do not know exactly what the man did in his life time, we cannot go back to see. but what if he did do everything the bible claimed- over even only some of the major things? it would be quite odd that he would mirror the actions of the sun so closely, at least we would think it was odd. but what if the universe operated in such wave functions that patterns such as these repeated. what if our lives, physical and conscience, our solar system, and whatever else for some reason fell into similar patterns in nature that make reality occur the way it does? if jesus did do exactly what the bible claimed, an idea such as this must be true. if god is real, this would not be odd at all.