Proof god exists

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Mr Skinner, Mar 29, 2006.

1. It's always a surprise to me when people are more concerned about whether or not God exists than how passionately they are living their daily lives. It's like if they prove there's a God their lives will somehow become "null and void" and they don't have to worry if they're living to the fullest or not.

Peace.

2. The exact same could be said in the opposite direction.

You bring a good point, however. Its easy to get carried away discussing details while the big picture passes us by.

3. I read one guys post and he said he didn’t understand evolution. Things get better over time (excluding films Hollywood is not bound by the same laws as the rest of the universe it’s called the botox paradox). That’s simple isn’t it? For a simple example the ipod went from the old bulky style to nano with video capabilities. a better one is the bird flu that all the media outlets are so panicked about. Right now it’s alright because it’s not transmittable from human to human but what’s got everyone panicked is if it mutates or evolves into a different form that can be transmittable between humans say like the black plague did from rats to humans. Oh and another thing Lewis Black did a show on HBO and he said whenever someone tells me they believe the bible he picks up a dinosaur bone and hits them in the head with it (or something similar).

4. Dude if theres a god, he probably doesnt want to communicate with some guy fucked up on ecstacy and mushrooms at the same time, that would be a really bad conversation. And that kinda shit is considered forbidden in the bible I think, it wasnt around, but the basic stuff, I think even weed is. But I still believe in god kinda, whenever something bad happens and like I think please god let so and so happen, it does, for smaller things, but its just, but it makes you think sometimes.

5. I believe that if God wants us to believe, he will make us believe and i do not believe everything in the bible so i think that is also God's choice. I live my life the way God has me do it and i am not going to go out of my way to change it because things will happen how they are supposed to happen.

6. oh gawd. not this again. :D

god is a word. a concept. how you conceptualise it, it shall be true for you.

a poem that came to me last night:

if you are god
    and god is you,
    if you care
    god cares too.

the word "god" has been banded about far too often in too much arrogance. as if we know...

there is a piece of you that intersects with things beyond all infinities...

7. proof would be a radio broadcast but i dont think god has the face for radio
    or if he used the sun as a message like S O S --- - - - --- if you get my drift morse code sayin im god do as i tell you or i will smite you

8. just look around.look,theres life,everywhere.theres death everywhere.theres planets,stars,lifeforms other than us.isnt that proof enough?

9. it ever dawn on people? most religions were started when we didnt know what lightening was? or the world was round? we couldnt go in the sky? or burrow down into the earth and see what was really there? maybe, just maybe we were wrong?

ill never understand why we all cling to these ideas and theories. we only know what we have, we dont know about any after life, other than what others have told us. besides, heaven and hell gives us an excuse to forget about what life can be, never living for today.

life and death both dont prove that god exists. it shows how life starts and ends.
    another reason could be that these life forms and planetary structures are here from natural selection. life doesnt prove god, it proves billions of cells working for the common goal of an organism.

but what do i know. because no matter how many times its said. people seem to never get that life is "heaven" and "hell" together, and this might be the only chance you get.

10. life after death. and even then, it depends on the state of consciousness that i entered or what was around me, or "defined" me or the like. ya'll know what im talkin about. i mean if i was definitivly in heaven or hell that would prove it. lol, there was a time that i wanted to kill myself for the sole purpose of answering this question.

11. one of the last major realizatiosn man has yet to face is that he evolved from slime on a beach...

it is had for us to imagine a life that came from something so bleak...

it is easy to just belive in god... yes an answer to everything...

God arose from fear... fear of not knowing... back in the day everything could be answered by the fact a god was there to do it... can you imagine how scary everything must have been? so overwheling.. an exclipse would look like an apocolypse... just think and you can see how man invented god.

as advanced monkies it is are duty to recognize areselfs and belive in what can be proven...

don't belive just because its to hard to think a little harder

-Note- not to say there isn't god.... but like 98% of modern religion is bullshit... advanced mind control technique from a young age in your face.

the bible is all a bunch of baloney... it was written by scribes who heard stories passed through many many generations.. these scribes would leav edits for later scribes.. scribes could write whatever they wanted and they did..

...religion is the easy way out... and the hard way back in.

12. Life coming from slim on a beach isn't bleak by any stretch of the imagination because we're here and that is no mean thing. People can throw out any scenario of how life came about and I say it's all miraculous regardless. It's the fact that we're here that's so grand not whether it measures up to the preconceptions we might have about how the universe works. No one can or will know everything about that and somehow this has to be enough. We have to be content with the knowledge we have or don't have and go on to live full lives if we can.

A. If there is no God we still have to live our lives.
    B. If there is a God we still have to live our lives.

When will people stop using God as a reason to stop living their lives?

A. If there is no God we're all still connected and part of this planet.
    B. If there is a God we're all still connected and part of this planet.

A. If there is no God we're still going to be afraid.
    B. If there is a God we're still going to be afraid.

A. If there is no God we're still going to die.
    B. If there is a God we're still going to die.

Miracle (A.)

[​IMG]

Miracle (B.)

[​IMG]

Somewhere between these two absolutes lies the truth of what we are and where we're from. I know this is foolishly optimistic but it would be nice if we could unlock these mysteries as one people instead of many individuals serving their own interests. Religion doesn't blind people, people blind themselves no matter what their belief systems are when they close their hearts to each other and to the endless possibilities of life.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

~Albert Einstein~

Stay green.

13. there isn't any.

14. What i thought about one day when i was real baked was that.. If someone never even created this book, these churches, and anything todo with religion then all of this wouldnt make sense, like beleiving in god, is just people part of a cult, if someguy never created all of this, there would be nothing to prove, other then miracles which are all upto hope... not to say i dont beleive but the best way to put it, that i once heard is I dont beleive in god, but i am afraid of him.

this probably only makes sense to me, but oh well.:smoking:

15. As a disbeliever in God, one thing I always wondered was,

If I can imagine a better world than this one, all that is nature, civilization, etc., how can God not have created it?

By a better world, I mean one such as Humans as we are today are placed on a piece of Earth as it is today, but all we do all day is smoke grass and have sex, all day every day till the end of time. Now, this does not take into account people's preference, views on drugs or sex, or anything like that, because we would be unable to have any other view but one which embraces this unlimited bliss. Who wouldn't sign up for that? I'm sure if I can imagine a scenario that 99% of people would rather have, couldn't God put us in one, or one even better than that?

16. Lmao.

17. There may be some higher power, but I highly doubt in the human idea of God, it seems to be just guidelines for life and something to believe in, ya know, keep that peasant working and shagging sheep till the day he dies.

18. The only proof we need is ourselves. There is a god within all of us. To think beyond this will get you nowhere, it's just a dead end.
    No one will ever be sure that there is a real God, the one that most believe from most major religions. The only thing certain we know is that we have ourselves, our mind to make choices for the life we have.
    And there is even a chance that we are just one very small part of something MUCH MUCH bigger than us, if you look at the way everything in life is set up. Earth being part of a small solar system, part of a small galaxy, etc. Maybe our universe is just a small part of something that is way beyond our comprehension. We will never know, so I say why believe in something outside of us when we can start believing in ourselves.

Aside from this, the life that we have, i believe it's so imperfect that it's perfect, that it's really hard to believe that a greater being did not create it. Or maybe we are all just part of one great being, and just don't know it.

19. Have you ever met a preacher who wasn't sure God exists?

And God isn't simply an "idea." Man's faith in God began with physical events that took place on this Earth - unlike many of you who say some guy just woke up one day and said "Hmm, maybe there is an all-powerful being out there."

On the contrary, in my opinion.. it's much harder for me to place my faith in something that I can't see with my own two eyes, than it is for me to believe in a science textbook. The reason I believe God regards our faith so highly is because we must follow him blindly.

20. That's not exactly a valid question. That's like asking if God can make 2 plus 2 equal 5, or asking if I can lift the color blue. It just isn't really a valid argument, because God is not a physical being, he does not lift things. Weight isn't an issue. Both things are done at the same time.

So now for the question... I believe God could prove himself to me if he simply let me know he exists. And you may ask, 'well how would he do it?' he would not have to speak in words to me, I would not have to hear or see anything. It would just be God filling me with a complete sureness of existence. Something that goes beyond a near death experience or happy miracle. If he's God, he can prove himself to you in such a way. You can't really rationally think of what the afterlife is like. We're not meant to know until after we die.

But really, how is ANYTHING proof? Even if you died and went to heaven, one could argue that the entire existence of it is of you're mind. What if the brain can alter its perspective on time to where you last forever in your own mind?

By the way, to the guy who asks why God didn't make our world nothing but pure bliss, well, then wouldn't sex and grass get old? If you're talking about a pure happiness or perfect world, that's what heaven is. This life is short compared to that.

And one more thing. You all suck at arguing.