ProMix users i have a question about watering??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by VirginHydro, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Hello again everyone,

Soil less mix is similar to ProMix, how does everyone water this stuff without excessive runoff? I've been giving the plants about a 1/2 gallon of water slowly and it still seems like all water is going right through this stuff. I honestly am getting tired of mopping up after Waterings.

So what's the trick? Water each plant with a few cups, then go smoke, come back and do it again, then again? Help!!

Thanks

2. #2 megamax42, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2010
    On mine I have the pots sitting in a tub. The runoff just collects in the bottom and gets sucked up as the plant needs it. I haven't experienced any problems yet, just make sure the soil dries out about 3-4 inches down each time. You get root rot from watering frequency, the amount is not necessarily as important as long as the roots aren't submerged in water. But then again I'm not a ProMix user

3. I water mine (5gal buckets) with 1 gal of water each and only get a little runoff. If I use 1.5 gal each i get about 1-1.5 gal of runoff from 4 plants.

4. Did you get it good and wet BEFORE use?

Dry peat will repel water, but once you get it wet, the water retention is great.

A wetting agent helps with the initial wetting also. I've found it takes about 7 gallons+ to moisten a wheelbarrow full, 2cf or about 15 gallons of dry mix.

Of course, do the initial wetting in something with no drainage.

Wet