Promix BX growers, need pH advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Embracetomorrow, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Hey guys, I’ve been using promix BX for a while, and get lots of different opinions on pH levels. What pH do you guys aim for?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I use sunshine promix but I feed with hydro ph slightly on the high side. 6.0-6.2. I use GH nutrients.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey tbone thanks! I use GH floranova. Do you ph your water at 6.0-6.2 from seed to harvest?

4. Yep. I feed every watering. I use floranova bloom sometimes. Grow is not needed. They will veg great with bloom. It's lucas formula npk ratio. I tried using grow and got phosphorus deficiency. Now it sits in the cabinet. The other stuff I use for npk is the flora series micro and bloom only. Twice as much bloom as micro and your npk ratio stays the same basically.

5. You feed nutes every watering? This is the nutes I’m using, and this is the problem I’ve been running into IMG_9433.JPG IMG_9438.JPG

6. You're feeding too strong. I feed at about 4-6ml/gallon when in bloom and 3-4 when in veg. 2ml/gallon for seedlings. That is the best single bottle for growing cannabis.

Looks like you need to flush but you're getting close. It's a shame to get them toxic so late in life.

7. Floranova is really strong stuff. It spikes the ppm with hardly any.

8. Light and often feeding is how I've had my best success with promix. I've actually never had a problem with lockout or toxicity in promix. Only in my DWC plants. If you're not using promix hp you should probably be mixing a generous amount of perlite. Precision perlite course is the best I've found. I mix about 15% with my sunshine promix 4 that already has perlite in it. I find the promix gets too compact without it and a compact medium is more prone to lockout and nutrient buildup in general. Promix HP is prefered by many growers because it's 30% perlite out of the box.

9. White widow. Left in a 7 gallon, right in a 5 gallon. This was my experiment with which pot size I wanted to finish in. Got about 4oz's more out of the 7 gallon. This is sunshine promix 4/15% perlite. GH fed with mostly floranova bloom.
    IMG_0449.JPG

10. Great thanks for the info! I’m not feeding even close to what you feed. I’ve been doing 2.5ml/gallon and phing the water to 6.2. You think that’s all Nute Burn? I also just finished flushing a week ago just with ph’d tape water.

11. You are dark green indicating too much nitrogen. It could be a little low on bloom nutrients. I like to add more potassium and phosphorus in bloom then just the standard 4-8-7 that FN bloom has. I'll add some liquid koolbloom as well.

Potassium deficiency looks a lot like nute burn. If you're feeding that light it could be potassium deficiency.
    Potassium Deficiency | Grow Weed Easy
    [​IMG]

12. I use 0ppm rainwater for a base so if I don't feed every watering it goes deficient really quick. I often add a little extra cal/mag because of not being ground source water. Most nute schedules are based on ground water that has a built in small amount of calcium based minerals.

Because of the rainwater even when feeding heavier then most people my finished ppm is low. I start at 0.

13. What do you use for the potassium and phosphorus?

14. Gh liquid koolbloom. 0-10-10.

15. Cool I’ll make sure to pick some of that up

16. Bump, looking for input Promix guys!

17. Got this from promix directly. Does this mean that the ph range should be kept greater than 6.2? [​IMG]

18. What that says is that the ph should remain between 5.2-6.2. That is actually lower then typical hydro range on the low end. Most hydro feeding schedules recommend 5.8-6.2ph.

"Begin fertilization within 7 days." This is because promix has a small amount of starter nutrients for seedlings.
    "Maintain fertilizer application throughout the course of the crop cycle." In other words feed every watering.

19. Ahhh okay, makes sense. Well that answers the pH question!