Project P.c. Thai Pink Buffalo

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by drtask, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Hello all! Welcome to my Project Psilocybin cubensis Thai Pink Buffalo thread. In this project, I will be cultivating P.c. Thai Pink Buffalo purchased from http://www.earthstongue.com. The tek I will be using is the old fashioned PF Tek with Brown Rice Flower and Vermiculite in 1 pint Kerr widemouth mason jars. These jars will be sterilized for 60 minutes in my pressure cooker at 15 psi (this is happening as I type this). The pressure cooker will cool overnight, and when I wake up in the morn, I will inoculate these three jars with P.c. Thai Pink Buffalo spores. Once inoculated, these will go away into the incubator for 15 days and remain there until I check on them. Upon full colonization, I will remove them from the jars, and place them in my fruiting chamber. Pics of everything will be on the way soon. Ill keep you guys posted of this crazy myco setup! BLAZE :smoking::smoking::smoking:

2. alright guys. i got an update! check this. i have one jar still in incubation, gonna be dunked and birthed in about two days. i have three more jars made with the ryche hawk's growing substrate. and i birthed on cake, and cased the other. it all looks great. haven't got mushies yet, but im sure they are on their way! ill post pics of those when they are looking pretty. for now, here's some pics of my jars.

Attached Files:

3. hey guys! i got an update on the casing. check these out. sorry for such bad pics, but these are the best i could get with my cheepo digital cam. you'll notice some white "lines" that are pretty fat with caramel colored ends. these are pins aka baby mushrooms!!! let me know what you guys think...the next few days will have LOTS of pics!!!:hello::hello::hello::hello:

Attached Files:

4. come on people! give me some opinions!!!! bump

5. ...what exactly is it that you are making?

6. those would be premature boomers. mushrooms. specific strain is Psilocybin cubensis Thailand Pink Buffalo. you'll see them mature over the next week or more. those are what are called primordia. and over the next 7 to 10 days they will grow, the caps will flatten out, and they will tear away from the stipe aka the stem's veil. these will be pretty when they are done. this is what i love doing, and fairly good at it. i cant grow pot to save my life, but boomers are great! stay tuned

7. good to see others myc heads on GC .
    ive got a few going right now. eh....5 pesa, 2 redboy. going to knock up a few south americans soon. (that typed out perverted :p)

well, GL man, cant wait to see these fully fruited.

8. alright, on sept. 3 i innoculated three jars made with the ryche hawk's growing substrate from shroomery. i have lost two due to various contams, not sure what yet. one i threw, the other i have in quarantine to see if it will recover. the mycelium sees to be eating it up. i birthed the other brf/verm cake two days ago. no signs of fruits yet. pics of the cakes will be up when they show signs of pinning. naku06, pm me, i have something to ask you.

9. more pinheads pushed through the casing layer today, and the existing ones have at least double in size. looks like im gonna have some fat asses. i have a question for any other myc heads around here. some of the pinheads are turning downwards and grow back into the casing. what is this caused by and what can i do to prevent it? pics will be on the way if i can get some better ones

10. alright i got some pics. check them out

Attached Files:

11. alright guys, check these babies out. let me know what you all think, they look tasty, just immature right now. the last one is a trippy effect with my cheap digital cam

Attached Files:

12. BUMP. come on people! :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

13. could i get a pic of the whole tray? i want to see the pin set maturity.
    but its looking good, might be alittle low RH, i believe thats why your viels are breaking.

14. ill try and get one tomorrow. i'm just not in the mood to fuck with photoshop and try and clear up the pics...my cam doesnt work that great, is the only problem. ill borrow my friends and see what i can do. i thought about the RH being a problem, maybe if i take out the fan that is in there, it runs constantly and circulates the air, maybe it doesnt allow the humidity to stay high like it's supposed to

15. hey here's the first flush pics right before harvest.

16. I am trying to get this darn strain to start pinning. I have ultrasonic humidifiers, air bubblers, fresh air exchanges for O2 and ambient natural sunlight. What gives? Yes I've grown before but it was always the old PF strain. Anyone know where to get any spores for it?:confused:

17. alright to get this strain to pin, its a little difficult. you need to drop your temps in your fc a little lower than usual i.e. around 70 degrees inside the fc. just keep your humidity above 90% and give is six hours of light at least a day and you'll get pins. its a great strain dont give up on it. check out ralphsters spores for a gigantic list of strains they have for sail. im sure you can find the pf classic there.

18. Thanks Dr! I just can't give up on this. This is a new strain for me and the challenge is pretty fun yet frustrating. I'll check up on the site listed.:hello: