profound realisations...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by stonerish, Jan 26, 2009.

1. are they real or imagined...

does it really matter that you solved something you didnt understand in a universe which you dont understand (science is localised to our current perception of the nature of the universe)...?

yet surely... they must be somewhat signifigant to the human race..

what made our ancestor pick up a stick and start using it as a tool... what makes those monkeys now use rock tools...

perhaps our ancestors mysterious climb to 'reason and intellect' (as we call them, dispite their actual limiting purpose...) can be explained through ternence mckenna's 'stoned ape theory'... and my addition to it...

the consumption of 'magic' mushrooms by our more ape-ish ancestors is easily theorised and is a plausible scenario... perhaps upon the shared consumption of such a product... they developed the beginnings of language... from a shared language, stemms all other aspects of early human life... it forms the basis for the burgeoning society that was forming around the prinicpal of the division of labour...

the ability of a trait to spread throughout a 'society' is exemlified by the previously referenced stone throwing monkeys...http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0112110058.htm

i am done... i think.... (i had too many thoughts to write, and suffered the loss of about 50% of my headspace at least...) i love weed:wave:

2. exactly dude
    ;)

3. If it's significant to you at a certain moment, then it's the right time and right place for that realization. Real or not, it's significant that you believe it, and perhaps that's what makes it real anyway.

4. That's weird, I had that same realization on Thursday, it's gotta be real.

5. I have lots of realizations like this, and they always seem immensely profound. I think the actual meme/idea itself isn't so amazing, but it, combined with the subtle knowledge that you are finally and indefinitely aware of it, makes it so great

6. This = win! :)

7. is human perception all there is? is it all that matters...

or are we meaningless...

yet we live, lets get the most enjoymetn out of life,,,

i wanna go to a temple for a bit in india or china or asia somewhere,,, idk

8. We make the best of what's around. :) If we can't do that I say we don't deserve and couldn't handle more.